2023 Offseason

Anyone have any insight on Dagler? Hard to glean much from stats alone, particularly coming from a terrible team. On the surface looks like he worked to improve his outside game, and his height, position and rebounding would be a help if he can play.

Not sure if anyone has seen him play or knows the mutual level of interest following his visit.

Anyone have any insight on Dagler? Hard to glean much from stats alone, particularly coming from a terrible team. On the surface looks like he worked to improve his outside game, and his height, position and rebounding would be a help if he can play.

Not sure if anyone has seen him play or knows the mutual level of interest following his visit.
I wouldn’t worry about him. I hear he flaked on us.

I wouldn't assume Brcic is out. He's more of a 4/5 than a true 5. We could use the depth up front. We'll see on Tarke. Not everyone wants to compete for starters' minutes.

I
With the guys that visited one would assume Pavrette and Brcic are most likely out. So that just leaves Tarke.
Any other visits on the calendar?
I don't think Pavrette visited. He was at GW on the date he was originally supposed to be here.

What do we know about next season?

Legends Classic where we will have 2 home games followed by 2 of ND, Auburn and OK St.
FAU - N
Siena - H
Caneatshit - H
SUNY Amherst - H
This is what I have. If anyone has anything else please add them.

Confirmed Games (Updated - 4-25-23):
Legends Classic - 2 Home games (Dates, Times, & Opponents TBA) and 2 in NYC at Barclays (Nov 16 & 17 - Times TBA) vs 2 of ND/Auburn/Oklahoma St. Link
SUNY Amherst - A (2 in a row away to make up for the COVID YEAR) - Sat, Dec 2nd @ Time TBA Link
FAU - N (Springfield, Mass) - Sat, Dec 16th @ Time TBA Link
FGCU - A - Date & Time TBA Link

Assumed Games (Nothing Confirmed as of 4-25-23):
Siena - H - Date & Time TBA
Canisius - H - Date & Time TBA

9/13 Possible Games Listed Above

Niagara - Nothing Confirmed - Haven't played in 3 years (Dec 18, 2019)

This is what I have. If anyone has anything else please add them.

Confirmed Games (Updated - 4-25-23):
Legends Classic - 2 Home games (Dates, Times, & Opponents TBA) and 2 in NYC at Barclays (Nov 16 & 17 - Times TBA) vs 2 of ND/Auburn/Oklahoma St. Link
SUNY Amherst - A (2 in a row away to make up for the COVID YEAR) - Sat, Dec 2nd @ Time TBA Link

Assumed Games (Nothing Confirmed as of 4-25-23):

9/13 Possible Games Listed Above

I don't think we owe SUNY-Amherst one due to COVID. Perhaps this deal was made to get an even split for our four annual NYS rivals? I know they've been trying to do that, and had a plan in place until COVID fucked everything up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427_184638_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_184638_Chrome.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 3
Got it. Glad they are finally evening it out. Do we know for sure we get two home games as part of the Legend's Classic?

Confirmed Games (Updated - 4-28-23):
Miami-OH - H - Sat, Nov 25th @ Time TBA Link
SUNY Amherst - A (2 in a row away) - Sat, Dec 2nd @ Time TBA Link

Assumed Games (Nothing Confirmed as of 4-28-23):

10/13 Possible Games Listed Above

I dont know if it is 100% but there are almost always extra games involved with these MTE's.

I don’t believe this MTE involves extra home games. Those are typically reserved for those one-off “tournaments” like we had last year.

I confirmed with our friends at VCU that there are no other games associated with the Legends Classic

This was a home run. He will step in and give some much needed depth at guard. We still need a PG but getting a 1500 pt scorer in the lineup is a big plus.
Huge “get”. Pride’s presence will make everyone’s job a little easier.

It won’t be as easy for opposing defenses to over-pursue Banks on the perimeter; another capable shooter should open things up for Venning with fewer double teams on the block; Flowers is much better suited as the perimeter utilityman/sixth man.

Get another shooter and a PG and I’ll feel pretty good about this roster.

Banks, Pride, and Farrell should be able to space the floor nicely. And all 3 can score on multiple levels. With the reurning players and a mature 5th year like Pride the offense should definetly look better this season.

Add a PG that can handle the physical play of the A10 and this team should be set.
If that happens Luc, Flowers, Evans, and Brown may be the deepest bench since the 2012 team.

For political purposes, we should all expect Luc to start at PG. Gotta keep the returnees happy these days. However, I agree we need a traditional 1 to spell Luc and lead the offense for certain matchups. We need to improve A LOT when it comes to basic ball security and not telegraphing routine perimeter passes.

I'm hoping a lot of those mistakes on permiter get fixed just from these guys having more expirence in the system and knowing where rhey should be and just being more familiar with each otlther that just comes from sharing court time together.

Back