2023 Offseason

Yep. I’m not panicking, but am definitely alarmed and concerned. It doesn’t look/feel/sound like Schmidt is too nimble on his feet with any type of change.

Yep. I’m not panicking, but am definitely alarmed and concerned. It doesn’t look/feel/sound like Schmidt is too nimble on his feet with any type of change.
No need to panic yet. Teams who run off successful coaches have paid for it.
But at the same time no reason we as fans can't questions decisions that Schmidt has made or wonder why half the team has left several years in a row.

Schmidt, if I am not mistaken, is in the top 90-100 in the country in salary and is tied for second in the A10 in pay (can't find the link), so he should be treated as such.

No one is looking to run Schmidt off, but his past recruiting success is definitely NOT guaranteed in today's game. I'm sure we will have 11 or so players signed up for us by August, but will any of the new players be impact players is the question.

We have a decent starting five, but absolutely nothing outside of that. The later in this process we get the less quality players remain.

Good points. Like Babe Ruth always said: "Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games"

Have I ventured onto the Bandwagon? This thread is definitely headed that way. A few posts about Rochester recruits and a few comments on Dani Haskell and we are there.
I'm just waiting on your post to tell us that someone who's a guard from a league other than the SWAC looks good in a Bona uniform to turn this thread around!

I'm just waiting on your post to tell us that someone who's a guard from a league other than the SWAC looks good in a Bona uniform to turn this thread around!
We’ll have some new guys announced pretty soon, I suspect, but whether any of us will be enthusiastic about their credentials is another story. Remember, though, that the Chad Venning signing didn’t knock anyone’s socks off.

We’ll have some new guys announced pretty soon, I suspect, but whether any of us will be enthusiastic about their credentials is another story. Remember, though, that the Chad Venning signing didn’t knock anyone’s socks off.
Please no more guards that shoot 36% from the floor.

Meh. I look at Noel Brown as a physical upgrade over Mellouk as the backup 5. Especially on the defensive end, we were killed by Mellouk's lack of braun down low. Brown is no star, but he's a 6'11" 260 lbs. true center with considerable A10 experience. This won't be our headliner addition or anything, so it's probably best to hope those 10 or so minutes per game spelling Chad don't leave our defensive interior so exposed.

We have from first glance at least three Q1ish games on the schedule at the moment. Not too shabby.

Hopefully we have a team that is able to compete.

What do we know about next season?

Legends Classic where we will have 2 home games followed by 2 of ND, Auburn and OK St.
FAU - N
Siena - H
Caneatshit - H
SUNY Amherst - H

It was a brutal rollercoaster last year anytime Venning had to get a blow. A big body that can play is welcomed
Does Brown signing tell us anything about MM? Or just that Brown is a little more of a like for like Venning backup?

Back