2023 Offseason

I dont quite get it, but I'll take it as good news.

As far as getting a shooter, never say never, but based on the current roster build it's hard to imagine signing someone who can shoot as a day 1 impact guy at the guard position coming in, unless it's a stud PG who can also shoot, and will give Luc a run for his money. A wing/forward- Hill, but better at shooting- would be ideal, and not totally kooky to think we could attract it. We do need someone else with height, IMO. We lost 4 guys, 3 of them with size. If we fill 3 open ships by grabbing a PG, a 6'6 or less wing, and leave the last one open, we're going to very little out there save for the center position.

Yes, he would be exactly the type we need. As far as taking care of the ball, we were also so inconsistent at it. Seemed like a focus things at time.

Not to make excuses, but perhaps some of it came as a result Luc/Banks/Flowers feeling like they needed to make too much happen. Maybe additional options to space the floor lets everyone relax a tick, and naturally improves that aspect of our game.

I see Panzo's posituon listed at guard. But at 6'7 I figure he could fill the role as a stretch 4. He should have the length needed to be effective in Schmidt's base D.

Look for a Putnam connection…
Does he have rhe same last name as the current head coach?
Even if he doesn't am i alone in feeling like the program has become too dependent on PSA? Maybe some more diversity in where Bonas gets its players from may is needed.

No complaints from me getting studs from PSA. I'm sure the coaches look all over the place but if the best guys are PSA, then that's who I want on our team.

Confirmed Games (Updated - 5-5-23):
Legends Classic - 2 games in NYC at Barclays (Nov 16 & 17 - Times TBA) vs 2 of ND/Auburn/Oklahoma St.
Link
Miami-OH - H - Sat, Nov 25th @ Time TBA
Link
SUNY Amherst (UB) - A (2 in a row away) - Sat, Dec 2nd @ Time TBA
Link
FAU - N (Springfield, Mass) - Sat, Dec 16th @ Time TBA
Link
FGCU - A - Date & Time TBA
Link
Niagara - A - Date & Time TBA (Last Played Dec 18, 2019)
Confirmed by SBUnfurled

Assumed Games (Not Confirmed as of 5-5-23):
Siena - H - Date & Time TBA
Canisius - H - Date & Time TBA

9/13 Possible OOC Games Listed Above

Still waiting on 3? more H games & 1? more A/N game

We always wind up with six OOC games in the RC, so I’d assume the rest will be buy games from leagues like the NEC, MEAC, America East, etc.

We always wind up with six OOC games in the RC, so I’d assume the rest will be buy games from leagues like the NEC, MEAC, America East, etc.
One day we will play in Rochester again. I'd take a H&H against Princeton in Rochester this year.

Kind of crazy we don't make that game an emphasis. We get 5-7K in attendance when we play in Rochester to watch mostly bad teams play, too. (Not us, of course)

One day we will play in Rochester again. I'd take a H&H against Princeton in Rochester this year.

Kind of crazy we don't make that game an emphasis. We get 5-7K in attendance when we play in Rochester to watch mostly bad teams play, too. (Not us, of course)
I completely agree with this. The Rochesster games were gaining some real momentum right before they were canceled. A great way to reach out to an alumni rich area that should be a fertile recruiting ground for athletes and and students. While continuing to grow the brand in a market, that while dominated by Syracuse has no native D1 brand.
Also during holiday breaks it's an easy place for many students and alumni to make the trip to.
Especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas when people may be returning g to their home towns .

Gotta get back in ROC, even if to play someone of the likes of Vermont or the competitor-du-jour of one of the other regional conferences.

The days of getting the P5+return are probably done. Who knows. Pitt? PSU? Some other P5 also ran who would take a gamble? But the game is always a good draw.

Seems like ages ago when we had WVU or even NC State in there. Sadly those times may be well and gone.

Back