Bonnies @ SUNY-Buffalo Game Thread (12/30, 7:00 PM)

I joined this board because now, I can say, Fuck Ub to a bunch of my bona fan friends

Sure I could have gotten that point across without the use of language, but sometimes, ya just don’t care.

Seriously though, fuck UB. All this are we rivals talk makes me realize I don’t care if we’re rivals or not, I just don’t like them.

You are safe here, my child. Also, I've never been able to catch you.

Vegas has us as 4-point dogs against the Rocky Mountain Oysters. I knew they'd be favored, but 4 is a little higher than I was expecting.

Vegas has us as 4-point dogs against the Rocky Mountain Oysters. I knew they'd be favored, but 4 is a little higher than I was expecting.
Vegas always adds 3 in for home advantage and this opened at 3.5. Suggesting we’d be looking at a pick em or maybe 1 point spread on a neutral and 3 point spread at Bona’s.

Hard to say what’s pushing the line, but this is on paper as even as it gets.

Osun needs to stay out of foul trouble and we can’t come out cold and let it affect the rest of the game, like we’re prone to at times. The boys should remember the drubbing they were handed at the RC last year too, and all the stupid backlash as a result. That ought to keep them motivated to come our firing and digging in defensively.

UB also gets flustered when they can’t hit 3’s so the defensive intensity needs to be Hofstra level. It’s been so long since we’ve played a real team, I don’t know what to expect.

Vegas always adds 3 in for home advantage and this opened at 3.5. Suggesting we’d be looking at a pick em or maybe 1 point spread on a neutral and 3 point spread at Bona’s.

Hard to say what’s pushing the line, but this is on paper as even as it gets.

Osun needs to stay out of foul trouble and we can’t come out cold and let it affect the rest of the game, like we’re prone to at times. The boys should remember the drubbing they were handed at the RC last year too, and all the stupid backlash as a result. That ought to keep them motivated to come our firing and digging in defensively.

UB also gets flustered when they can’t hit 3’s so the defensive intensity needs to be Hofstra level. It’s been so long since we’ve played a real team, I don’t know what to expect.

Yeah, I'm kind of splitting hairs I guess. I thought we'd be +1 or +2.

I've noticed Schmidt has been sprinkling in the 1-3-1 more recently. It'll be interesting to see if that's the plan to slow down their outside shooting.

Osun will also have to worry about Josh Mballa. He's a transfer that was on Texas Tech's national runners up team last year. He's also from Putnam Science Academy, so there's got to be familiarity.

Also, whoever is guarding Jayvon Graves needs to be on his ass from before tipoff. He's their leading scorer and put up 19 on us in last year's debacle (7-9 FG, 5-6 from deep).

Just seeing if this post goes through. My awesome enciteful post from this morning is lost in the ether

*Warning for the A10 forum guys, jump stop and pivot reference below*

Our defense needs to be smothering and willing to close the fuck out on Graves (and basically all shooters). Dumbass BW guys don’t get that Shoon’s and Amadi’s hedging works to disrupt most offenses... if the guys get back and find their man/spot and the opposing guards aren’t ballers who can turn and make us pay.

I think we will get some dribble penetration this year. Our guys need to jump stop and pivot if UB’s bigs are any good defensively. Kick out to Dom, Vasquez, or Winston for some bomb 3s. It’s better than getting charges (which will be handed out in UB’s favor for sure).

Hopefully the only Winston runs this time are in our favor. He is slowly getting better defensively and rebounding. He is so damn tough to guard...

*Warning for the A10 forum guys, jump stop and pivot reference below*

Our defense needs to be smothering and willing to close the fuck out on Graves (and basically all shooters). Dumbass BW guys don’t get that Shoon’s and Amadi’s hedging works to disrupt most offenses... if the guys get back and find their man/spot and the opposing guards aren’t ballers who can turn and make us pay.

I think we will get some dribble penetration this year. Our guys need to jump stop and pivot if UB’s bigs are any good defensively. Kick out to Dom, Vasquez, or Winston for some bomb 3s. It’s better than getting charges (which will be handed out in UB’s favor for sure).

Hopefully the only Winston runs this time are in our favor. He is slowly getting better defensively and rebounding. He is so damn tough to guard...
Thank you PYBonnie05. This is the type of hard hitting commentary that distinguishes us from that OTHER board. I look forward to your continued insight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the earthy turn in the dialogue. It makes this site more entertaining, but I would like to know just what the standards are, if any. Is there anything that gets you banned here? Not that I'm planning anything outlandish, you know, but it would be nice to know if there are limits. By the way, go Bonnies!

Thanks for the earthy turn in the dialogue. It makes this site more entertaining, but I would like to know just what the standards are, if any. Is there anything that gets you banned here? Not that I'm planning anything outlandish, you know, but it would be nice to know if there are limits. By the way, go Bonnies!

I mean, probably just some of the stuff that gets rewarded there. Just don't be racist or compare the school's administration to Sharia law or whatever those chuds go on about over there.

Any of you all going to lovely Amherst?

I mean, probably just some of the stuff that gets rewarded there. Just don't be racist or compare the school's administration to Sharia law or whatever those chuds go on about over there.

Any of you all going to lovely Amherst?
I'll be making the trip north to the depressing, cavernous concrete shit-hole known as Alumni Arena. It's going to be in the 40's all day, so any travel should be easy for fellow Bonnies. I'm expecting a solid Bona contingent, per usual.

Kicking myself for not being able to, but family stuff is keeping me from that airport hangar of a building tonight.

Line is falling down to +2.5, public likes us, kind of concerning for me...

I’ll be watching from the bonnies bar in nyc. Gonna be a solid crowd there tonight.

Quit kissing his ass, that's my job here. And, man, it must be embarrassing for him having his brother feel as if he's got to "like" a post praising his insight.

At least his “jump stop and pivot” remark didn’t mention Matthew Wright this time.

Quit kissing his ass, that's my job here. And, man, it must be embarrassing for him having his brother feel as if he's got to "like" a post praising his insight.
Ha! I would have (of, in BW speak) gone into Dom’s handle in detail, but I think that’s best left for dds.

Back