Bonnies @ SUNY-Buffalo Game Thread (12/30, 7:00 PM)

SBUnfurled

image40499-9.png
We're looking to take an 8-game Winn streak into conference play. Both teams will be coming off 9-day breaks. UB is 126 in KenPom; Bona is 125. BartTorvik currently has us as 1.5-point dogs, with a 44% win probability. Half of these metrics have been compiled without Osun and English, so Vegas might be a bit more in our favor.

Last edited:
Been a weird season for Buffalo — only team to beat DePaul (and at their place) but also a home loss to Army. I don’t know what to expect from this team other than it’s not the same NCAAT team it’s been the past 2 years. I think biggest key for Bona is keeping them off the offensive glass. Top 25 team in that metric, and they grabbed 17 against DePaul earlier this year. Need Osun to have a solid game, and I think the Bonnies can make it 8 straight.

Will be a good test for Bonas heading into the conference schedule. Would be a nice way to end the non conference schedule after an otherwise rocky start. Could be a good game to get Osun and Amadi in together to control the boards.

Love it.

I checked the UB message board - they don't have much nice to say about us. They do think they're WNY's flagship.

Let's Winn.

I think they should do better than 2-7 against us this decade before even thinking about making such ridiculous claims. They had their best team in program history an hour down the road on a Saturday in the RC last year and brought about 20 fans.

This is one of three games (Rutgers, Vermont) I've had circled in this OOC schedule. Taking the result of those three will give us a good idea of who we are going to be in conference play. Let's keep this Winn streak rolling and get back to our regularly scheduled dominance of these guys.

Hey ‘03, the mods either approved my post very quickly, or mod approval was not required.

A little SUNY at Buffalo takedown:

Nothing makes me quite so happy as the consistent "SUNY at Buffalo" references. Just looked at their forum for the thread for us and they have us as Olean CC and think they are WNY's flagship program. Looking forward to hearing "Let's Go Bonas" echo from their arena on the game feed.

I'm hoping--actually expecting--a successful finish to the OOC with a win over the Bulls. That would put us on the path to a respectable power rating and build the confidence to tear through the first part of the conference schedule.

Reading their terrible excuse for a forum, I’m as amped as ever for this game. I hope their 15 fans, who will be watching from home to avoid traffic, get another lesson in what happens when you invest in a coach instead of acting as a stepping stone for scumbags.

Back