Conference thread

A couple weeks ago I stated in here I wanted a disposition that makes me care less.

Apparently the tipping point is losing back to back games to the worst 2 team to close things out. Several times today I’ve had to indifferently remind myself they play today.

So I guess, thanks guys?

It's been a strange and frustrating path but this group made it to the semi like we all probably would have thought a couple weeks ago.
All 4 teams are close together and Inconsistent so anything can happen. If they win tomorrow I'm making the trip. I'd like to go tomorrow but have conflicts.

Hard to imagine we’re here with a very real 1/4 chance of getting to the NCAA. Hopefully we get more Jekyll and less Hyde today.

From a VERY GOOD source. SBU did not turn down a bid to the NIT.

Exactly, fill in the blank:

As soon as the ESPN graphic gained steam, a ______________ athletic department would have issued an immediate statement.

Frankly my guess is we're leaning into word play. Barry entered the portal before the NCAAT field was announced. I'm sure there was an understanding of others leaving, and I doubt Pride and MAW were interested in playing. So if we proactively told the committee, don't bother calling us because we can't field a team, then sure we didn't turn down a bid. But that's no less terrible of a look.

I'm just guessing. I'm not expecting a correction from ESPN, so I'll remain skeptical regardless.

Frankly my guess is we're leaning into word play. Barry entered the portal before the NCAAT field was announced. I'm sure there was an understanding of others leaving, and I doubt Pride and MAW were interested in playing. So if we proactively told the committee, don't bother calling us because we can't field a team, then sure we didn't turn down a bid. But that's no less terrible of a look.

I'm just guessing. I'm not expecting a correction from ESPN, so I'll remain skeptical regardless.
The Athletic Dept could easily say as such, but of course they havent.

Back