Conference thread

While it’s hard to argue with tasty, I respectfully disagree with 3rd. I’ll take the NIT this year. I want NCAAT of course, but like 03, I had my doubts about how realistic that was.

There$ many benefit$ to the NIT that a $chool like us $hould alway$ con$ider a$ a win.

But jokes aside, post season was the goal for me. In all 3 of the available NIT brackets, we’re in. We should be in good shape if we win out. The Mr Negative in me can’t ignore the fact that some of our shitty losses turned wins would put us in better position. But at the end of the day this is a talented, but not supremely so team, and I’d embrace the NIT much more than I did 2 years ago.

Plus we need something to talk about while the team is off for a week. I got curious the other day because someone asked me if I thought we were in the NIT. I dont know how exactly they will select the field but I do know they take the top 2 in NET automatically from each of the top 6 conferences :sick: So right now that would be this top group. Then I listed the next 20 teams by NET as of Wednesday. X is under .500 so I wonder if they even get considered so I included the next team, Yale.
Pac 12Colorado
32​
Utah
53​
BENova
34​
St Johns
44​
B12Cincinnati
45​
UCF
70​
ACCPitt
47​
VT
60​
SECTA&M
57​
Ole Miss
75​
B10Iowa
60​
Ohio St

Contenders
SMU
43​
Drake
46​
James Madison
50​
Princeton
51​
San Francisco
56​
Oregon
62​
Butler
63​
Xavier
64​
Bradley
65​
Maryland
67​
SBU
69​
Washington
70​
Richmond
72​
Kansas St
73​
VCU
76​
Minnesota
77​
NC St
78​
Memphis
79​
UNLV
80​
Syracuse
82​
Yale
84​

As frustrating as this team can be this weekend sucked not having a Bonnies game. And that more than anything is why I'm hopeful we can make a run either in Brooklyn or in the NIT. Once we blow one of the next two games i might be ready to call it a season but at least we dont have guys talking about sitting out the A10 tournament

We just got a huge favor from the Dukes tonight. Theres a very real scenario in which we not only get the double bye, but also get as favorable of a set of potential matchups as we could reasonably ask for.

Now all we need to do is beat the two worst teams in the league to do our part. No inconsistency, no any given night, none of that bullshit. The A10 tournament has begun as far as our guys should be concerned. Do it, fellas.

We need that double bye. I think it is crucial myself, I get that they give you an extra day off but this particular team plays up and down to their competition. To just have to win 1 game instead of 2 before the huge saturday semifinal is what this team needs

We need that double bye. I think it is crucial myself, I get that they give you an extra day off but this particular team plays up and down to their competition. To just have to win 1 game instead of 2 before the huge saturday semifinal is what this team needs
I tend to agree, but I worry about what this team will do with extra rest. Will it benefit them or will they come out totally rusty.

Seems like we might be seeing either VCU or UMass for the third time this season. Not sure if people like that or dislike it.

I tend to agree, but I worry about what this team will do with extra rest. Will it benefit them or will they come out totally rusty.

Seems like we might be seeing either VCU or UMass for the third time this season. Not sure if people like that or dislike it.

I want VCU. They are banged up and they are dealing with some internal strife.

Seems like the other guys don’t like that goofy Australian hogging the ball when he can’t make a shot. And I don’t really blame them :)

Less games to the prize is better than more.

I’m not crazy about playing either or a third time. We’re relatively even across all metrics with both. Any additional matchup with either is just another coin toss, same as the first 4 were.

If I had to choose I go UMass. VCU is the more talented and athletic team.

A game like tonight is why I wouldn't mind being the 5 or 6 seed.

I think there is some benefit to getting one game under your belt before playing a team like VCU.

A game like tonight is why I wouldn't mind being the 5 or 6 seed.

I think there is some benefit to getting one game under your belt before playing a team like VCU.
A game like tonight is why I stop giving a shit. When does free agency start? I’m sure our returnees’ handlers started accepting bids weeks ago. Lord knows that’s happening everywhere else.

Gutless, pathetic effort. That includes the coaching staff.

I want VCU. They are banged up and they are dealing with some internal strife.

Seems like the other guys don’t like that goofy Australian hogging the ball when he can’t make a shot. And I don’t really blame them :)
VCU definitely does NOT want to match up with you guys, we have really suffered matching up your bigs.

Back