A Decent First Half Turns Into a Nightmare for Fordham Against Mason, Rams Lose 77-45

sbasel

Heading into halftime with an 8-point is never a reason to panic. Teams have come back from such a point differential on countless occasions, and while Fordham hasn’t won against a halftime deficit greater than 3, there was plenty of time to change that, right? Right!?
As you can tell by looking at the final score, the answer Wednesday night was a resounding no. Here’s my breakdown of what can only be described as a tale of two halves.
A Strong(ish) Start
So far this season, there have been two major components that result in a Fordham win; forced turnovers and good ball movement, and while the latter often happens for Fordham, the shots resulting from that ball movement often have a tough time connecting. Despite shooting a not-so-bad-not-so-great 39% from the field in the first 20 minutes, the Rams outmatched Mason’s intensity. At some points, I stood corrected on my criticism of the 4-guard rotation they’ve used all season, as guys like Jalen Cobb and Kyle Rose had no problem...

Continue reading...

Back