2023 Offseason

The RC seemed to be headed in the right direction a few years ago, but it's gone downhill quick. The obnoxious jury box, the fat head stickers, bad court glares from the new lighting system, and the *absurd* rafter situation, among other things.

I reached out about this over a year ago, emailed Manhertz again a few weeks ago about this and another thing I was helping with, texted him over the weekend (some of us don't check emails) and also texted others in athletics who I thought might be interested in something like this. I got zero point zero responses back about it from anyone. Not even a "thanks, but no thanks". Nothing.

I have to believe if I was a donor asking where to send some cash I would have at least gotten a response. BR is correct, all they seem to speak is cold hard cash and their public opinion. If you like it, definitely reach out and let them know.

The RC seemed to be headed in the right direction a few years ago, but it's gone downhill quick. The obnoxious jury box, the fat head stickers, bad court glares from the new lighting system, and the *absurd* rafter situation, among other things.

I reached out about this over a year ago, emailed Manhertz again a few weeks ago about this and another thing I was helping with, texted him over the weekend (some of us don't check emails) and also texted others in athletics who I thought might be interested in something like this. I got zero point zero responses back about it from anyone. Not even a "thanks, but no thanks". Nothing.

I have to believe if I was a donor asking where to send some cash I would have at least gotten a response. BR is correct, all they seem to speak is cold hard cash and their public opinion. If you like it, definitely reach out and let them know.
To be fair, I really don't think they have the cash to make a renovation possible at this moment. Is it less than ideal they did not respond to someone they know closely with a response? Yes, but I feel like a major renovation of the RC is not even close to a priority to the athletic department.

I wouldn't take it as a slight to you or make the AD's office out to be incompetent, but they are currently in the process of launching one of the biggest athletic development projects in program history...let's cut them some slack here.

the court itself looks beautiful in unfurled's concept.

children run around everywhere at these games already, the open end zones like that would be Olean's jungle gym. Not being critical of the concept, just saying.

It does seem like it would fulfill the need for handicap compliance nicely though, especially since those concourses are at ground level. nice job

Not responding to texts/emails? Doesn’t seem like Manhertz is following his mantra to re-invigorate the dept.

I think if the digital presentation of the RC concept included some basic cost approximations it might have gotten a response. But it's a lot to ask a pair of Bona guys whose expertise is in tech to spend the resources necessary to accompany the concept with dollar amounts. The concept is stunning, and people dialed into the experience of the college game get that. Unfortunately the guys at 1 RC Drive have their heads in spreadsheets - that's their job - and increasing $ is more important than the fan experience.

There has to be a happy medium because it's also a player experience too. The RC is going to have to have a facelift. And it needs to happen before we're on the "way outside looking in" of college basketball. We're almost there already thanks to the NIL cesspool and the general landscape of the P5/6 TV/football behemoth.

ACC to be broadcast on the CW network

How small time amiright
Had to look this up to make sure it wasn't a joke. But kind of on-brand for a conference that caters to a bunch of rednecks who for the most part never went to college, especially not the ones they root for.

I didn't even know the CW still existed. Makes me feel better about A10 games being sandwiched on USA between Law & Order SVU and Jack Reacher on a Saturday afternoon.

The idea that the ACC will disband, and several of its member schools end up the odd men out of the next wave of super-conference realignment for football, is gaining steam. This isn't correlated to that, in any measurable way. But damnit if it doesn't feel consistent with that idea.

Now that the details of the conference schedule are out, I have to say this is the first time in a number of years where our usual complaints are minimal.

• Philly and DC host 3 games combined
  • 2 ESPN showcase games, including one at home
  • Ample respect in CBSSN game recognition with 3
  • Additional ESPN game
  • Only 2 games without students, one of which is the Saturday before Spring semester, which I assume means housing will be reopened
I'm sure I am missing something- I will standby for something to be annoyed about.

Now that the details of the conference schedule are out, I have to say this is the first time in a number of years where our usual complaints are minimal.

• Philly and DC host 3 games combined
  • 2 ESPN showcase games, including one at home
  • Ample respect in CBSSN game recognition with 3
  • Additional ESPN game
  • Only 2 games without students, one of which is the Saturday before Spring semester, which I assume means housing will be reopened
I'm sure I am missing something- I will standby for something to be annoyed about.
Was thinking the same thing. Not much to complain about. Feels weird

Any new uniforms for the team this year or renovations to the RC? Is that Juror's box still standing?

When I bought my season tickets the website still has ADA seating in the endzone.
I' have a feeling that it's going to stay that way till the RC is renovated.

Back