Welcome Anouar Mellouk to SBU

I was caught off guard a little bit with this signing. First impressions from his highlight tapes are that he's a Denzel Gregg clone. Athletic, pretty good handle, and has above average length. The Saizonou connection is good for overall team chemistry and hopefully is the cornerstone of yet another 3-4 years of program success.

Looking at the schools recruiting Mellouk(no shade to Wyoming), he seems like a plsyer who fell through the cracks with teams chasing transfers. Maybe being an Int'l player contributed to his under recruitment. But you would think a player with his measurables and moves like he does would get attention from the Big East, MAC, , UVM's type schools, and the rest of the A10 would have been interested.
Any how I'm super excited that Mellouk signed with Bonas.

Welcome. Now that we're probably done with 2021 recruiting, we can begin the annual amnesic "What are we going to do with all this depth?!" conversation!
I know none of these players have ever set foot on campus, let alone played for the Bonnies, but this is the deepest team in school history, and possibly the best recruiting class of any mid-major program ever.

I will be shocked if we are not top-15 come November.

I know none of these players have ever set foot on campus, let alone played for the Bonnies, but this is the deepest team in school history, and possibly the best recruiting class of any mid-major program ever.

I know this was all sarcasm but I believe we will be ranked to start the season

My head almost exploded as I read this. We need a sarcasm font or something.

Agreed. Just like we had the two best guards in the universe a few years ago with Adams and Mobley, now we have the World's best starting five AND recruiting classes. This is going to be HUGE!

We'll do a buy game at Sojka if you're interested.

Why would Bonaventure ever agree to be bought by Bucknell? The program is way past that. We should be getting home and homes with Syracuse and Pitt. Bucknell could back up a Brinks truck and I'd be seriously pissed if our department agreed to game in Lewisburg.

:censored:

I was giving our friends over on the Bandwagon a bit of a break as it's fun to be a Bonas fan these days, but every day they out do themselves. They've reached the glue-sniffing stage at the moment.

We know what will happen, two or three of the newcomers will turn out to be great (over time), two or three will be serviceable, and one to three will be busts.

No matter, absent injuries Schmidt will play eight and, depending on what the seniors decide about a 5th year, four of the newcomers will get disgruntled and leave.

And, strangely, I'm ok with that.

I was giving our friends over on the Bandwagon a bit of a break as it's fun to be a Bonas fan these days, but every day they out do themselves. They've reached the glue-sniffing stage at the moment.

We know what will happen, two or three of the newcomers will turn out to be great (over time), two or three will be serviceable, and one to three will be busts.

No matter, absent injuries Schmidt will play eight and, depending on what the seniors decide about a 5th year, four of the newcomers will get disgruntled and leave.

And, strangely, I'm ok with that.
Yeah… they’re on another planet right now.

Isn’t is something, though, that the “deepest” teams in Bona history have been the past two years?!? How will Schmidt find minutes for all of these guys(many of whom none of us have seen play)?!? It’s as if there is no data from previous seasons that could indicate how things will shake out.

Why would Bonaventure ever agree to be bought by Bucknell? The program is way past that. We should be getting home and homes with Syracuse and Pitt. Bucknell could back up a Brinks truck and I'd be seriously pissed if our department agreed to game in Lewisburg.

:censored:
You've obviously never been to the Country Cupboard. That alone would be a major selling point to Schmidt and Co.

• Haha
Reactions: res
My last post on this (off) topic. Lewisburg is a great little town, but you guys have to get off of 15 to appreciate it.

Back