Weekly Rundown and Power Rankings – 1/4/21

cpyle

The Weekly Rundown:
What a week for the A10 conference…and not in a good way. Yes, we saw some entertaining games, but the conference did beat itself up quite a bit in the first week of the season, which doesn’t bode well for at-large hopes.
We saw a medley of games that had some wild results, with La Salle winning at UD Arena for the first time since 1999, St. Bonaventure upsetting Richmond on the road, and George Washington beating Duquesne after losing to the Dukes the day before. We finally saw the Fordham Rams take the court, even though it did not show good results. The best and most entertaining game was undoubtedly George Mason getting a huge double-overtime win against UMass. Dayton would get back in the win column by beating Mason a few days later. Rhode Island pulled out a gutsy win over St. Bonaventure, but also dropped a game earlier in the week to Davidson.
Like I said before, just constant self-assault throughout the league.
Good news, Bad news:
Saint...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
[…] conference play. Nonetheless, the Bills are still being heralded as the class of the Atlantic 10 in our weekly power rankings and are currently ranked #23 in the most recent AP poll. To fill the void, I took it upon myself to […]

Back