VCU Rams 2019-20 Season Thread

Matchup predictor on Kenpom for tonight really likes Purdue, which is sort of surprising. A lot of preseason expectations built into this Boilermakers squad, but they've yet to actually prove it. Purdue has gotten as high as 7th in Kenpom this season. I really like the Rams +3, but maybe I'm missing something...
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 10.07.03 AM.png

Bad news: 14 turnovers is really bad in 20 minutes of basketball. Good news: Rams are only down 6. Damn... I just can't believe this team came out so jittery and tried to force every single pass. If VCU could just slow down on offense, it feels like it could get some meaningful possessions and some points on the board.

NEED NEED NEED more Marcus Santos-Silva in this half. Feels like Purdue really didn't have an answer for him in the post.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 2.20.46 PM.png

Here's today's matchup comparison. VCU could really use this win, and so could the Atlantic 10. Chance to stay in the top 25.

I think a bright point is that the Vols have also been pretty bad at taking care of the basketball, so the VCU defense could really shine today. However... the Rams can't come out and cough up the ball 20+ times themselves. That was bad.

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.56.26 AM.png

Kenpom predicts a 4 point Wichita St. win today. Should be a great battle between similar teams. Could really use this road win.

Back