The Charleston Thread

It's hard to convey how awesome that was to see last night. Stylistically, it felt like one of the dominating wins we've come to see over the Wednesday night pillow fighter teams. And yet, it came against a Marquette team who took down 3 solid wins that week alone to get there.

I agree on the above points on the bench. I'd like to see bursts of JNT or Joryam sprinkled in among some of the main 7-8 guys in some of the upcoming *Allegedly* easier games, to see what they can do when there's other experienced guys out there with them.

Last edited:
I didn't say I was worried either. The point is that these guys are not yet ready for prime time, which means the bench is not as deep as the coach's critics seem to assume when they criticize him for not putting them in close-run games.

Sometimes there's a bit of a chicken or the egg scenario too. No they weren't ready for Shaka's [classy] full-on press for the final 2 minutes. But those 5 have also not shared the floor together for meaningful minutes. It's the Siena blowout games where you let the 2nd team play solid chunks of time, don't hit the panic button if the other team cuts the lead to 15, and that develops the bench players with game experience. But they're also bench players because they aren't as good.. at least not yet.

I am not complaining, and I am quite sure the coaching staff is working on player development at full force. I am saying that when you see what was expected to be a much deeper bench but still see that our bench minutes of 15.5% ranks 354 in Division I, you should be aware that there is a damn good reason for that.

My comment wasn't directed at you, X. I was just trying to make the point that we have the luxury of focusing on bench potential instead of, say, why the starters can't win a game.

Back