The Bubble

Every year there's a team like Louisville that most have in that doesn't make it- to an extent it feels like a transparent display of showmanship by the committee, as if they are trying to put everyone on notice that they really aren't as biased toward p6 as you think!!

I saw Witchita's second halves in both their AAC tournament games. They're just not a very good team and shouldn't have been in the dance. All 4 of the teams on the first 4 line were better, and more deserving. Particularly CSU and SLU. I know both of their resumes were not without their flaws, but Witchita's was objectively not any better, and arguably worse. I hope they both kick some ass in the NIT.

Edit: Cuse's black magic never ceases to amaze- escape the play-in, and get matched with an SDSU who no one had sniffing the 6 line. God Bless.

I am far from an expert, but though LSU would be around a 6 seed.

'03 - what did you see to make LSU an eight seed? Was it the average performance by them in the OOC. I know fans tend to put a lot into the conference tournaments, so perhaps making it to the finals was not as beneficial as I thought it'd be.
Its hard to pick one thing. I had them as a 9 for a long time until recently they played better and won some games. They lost by double digits to Georgia and Kentucky, which is not a good look. They played 1 road game out of conference and lost (St Louis, without French) Their NET and metrics were in the mid to high 20's but then again, so were ours. They play no defense at all. They were the top 8 seed in the NCAA list so you can make a case for them being a 7. I think you are right about the conference tournaments. We didnt get as big of a bump as I thought we would and neither did LSU. If I had time to do this all day every day, I think I would have had LSU up a few more spots.

Every year there's a team like Louisville that most have in that doesn't make it- to an extent it feels like a transparent display of showmanship by the committee, as if they are trying to put everyone on notice that they really aren't as biased toward p6 as you think!!

I saw Witchita's second halves in both their AAC tournament games. They're just not a very good team and shouldn't have been in the dance. All 4 of the teams on the first 4 line were better, and more deserving. Particularly CSU and SLU. I know both of their resumes were not without their flaws, but Witchita's was objectively not any better, and arguably worse. I hope they both kick some ass in the NIT.

Edit: Cuse's black magic never ceases to amaze- escape the play-in, and get matched with an SDSU who no one had sniffing the 6 line. God Bless.
I was really surprised that Cuse avoided the play in as well as Utah St. I like that they punished UCLA and I agree on Wichita. They should have lost to South Florida on Friday and to then lost to a bleh Cincinnati team the following day and that should have been it for them. Their NET and metrics are not NCAA worthy. I never mind the committee sticking it to a power school like Louisville but if I am a fan of theirs, I am irate today.

One final update and then I will let this go. I finsihed 87th out of 203 in the matrix so I am pretty pleased. There were a lot of ties so my actual place is higher but I am #87 in the list. Nobody hit all 68, most, like 95% got 67/68 teams. Lunardi beat me by 1 point. I beat Jerry Palm by 10.

I am AHB

Back