The Bonnies: 2022-2023 Season Thread

With the late addition and what seems like an over correction to ADA seating Im guessing they were facing a lawsuit or as Fanatic tated some sort of government fine. Just another reason the 56 year old RC needs to be updated.
And no offense to the Kenville family but who the fuck is Bill Kenville? in the last almost 30 years Ive been a Bonas hope fan and this is a 1st I've ever heard his name. I completely agree with Bill Russell only the best of the best should get there number retired. However Nicholson should be retired he and Schmidt helped resurect this program.
Also I thought the new albiet small, the A10 logos looked better on TV than the old dusty felt banners that were previously hung up.
Holpfully we get some minor but much need renovstions next year to the RC.

With the late addition and what seems like an over correction to ADA seating Im guessing they were facing a lawsuit or as Fanatic tated some sort of government fine. Just another reason the 56 year old RC needs to be updated.
And no offense to the Kenville family but who the fuck is Bill Kenville? in the last almost 30 years Ive been a Bonas hope fan and this is a 1st I've ever heard his name. I completely agree with Bill Russell only the best of the best should get there number retired. However Nicholson should be retired he and Schmidt helped resurect this program.
Also I thought the new albiet small, the A10 logos looked better on TV than the old dusty felt banners that were previously hung up.
Holpfully we get some minor but much need renovstions next year to the RC.
Big renovations are coming, but it isn’t clear if it will be for next year, the year after, or what. It all depends on when the board will allow ground to be broken. They usually want a certain (high) percentage of the funds raised before beginning. It used to be 100%.

As for the A10 banners, I’d want those re-done, too. Slightly smaller versions would fit well in the rafters if we tightened up the ridiculously unnecessary NIT and WNIT banners up there now.

The jury box is a disgrace, and it looks extremely thrown together. Schmidt and the staff are horrified by it, I hear. Not a good look for Seth Johnson or anyone else involved with the project.

The A10 logos are even worse. The entire point of displaying conference mates in your arena is to showcase your association with those institutions. It isn’t just about Dayton, VCU, and Saint Louis hoops; it’s about Fordham, George Washington, Davidson, and Richmond academics, too. It’s hugely important for visitors—prospective athletes and regular students—to see this.

With the updates, about 10% of visitors will even notice the logos that replaced the banners. Of those people, maybe 1% would recognize the sports logos of each institution. The flag for ESPN is bigger than anything indicating our membership in a very good league like the A10. It’s really, really foolish.

Also, our postseason banner situation is a JOKE. Waaaaay too much going on up in the rafters. Each NCAA trip should have its own banner. The NIT title should have its own, too. The rest of the NIT bids should be consolidated onto 2-3 uniformly-sized banners. What could be more small time than having First Round NIT banners on seemingly equal footing with NCAA bids? Shit! The A10 title banners are tiny and dwarfed by those same early NIT exits.

Don’t get me started on the retired jerseys, either. The only players up there should be Bob Lanier and Tom Stith—both of whom were 1st Team All-Americans, played on deep NCAA Tournament teams, and top NBA draft picks. The rest deserve recognition in some type of “Ring of Honor” or display, but retired numbers should be sacred.

GET WITH IT, MARKETING DEPAR
Place a large banner that reads...

PISSAH!

No thoughts, Bill, on the RC shithouse?
The shithouse, located across from the Post Office, is a disgrace. It doesn't help that Chuckie routinely evacuates all over the walls of said shithouse. This is his direct retribution for the WSBU staff declining to play the Hawaiian Numbah. Hoping that the Bolder Bonaventure campaign means said shithouse will be renovated and that Chuckie will move his evacuations to the shithouse located in the basement of Friedsam.

Pissah!

Aloha!

To quell some of the retired jersey talk, this is from an email I got today:

"Fans are invited to stay in their seats at halftime as the late Bill Kenville, ’53, will be honored in a special ceremony. His No. 20 jersey will hang in the Reilly Center rafters – while the number will not officially be retired from the program, it will remain in The RC as a tribute to Kenville’s career and contributions to the program."

This sounds like the kind of thing we were talking about. In between hall of fame and retired number. If anything it should be retired for Patricio Prato

Yeah I'm not into this whole infatuation at SBU with jersey honoring. I do understand the tributes to notable players, and a ring of honor type of thing would be cool. But they've pigeon-holed themselves on the already retired jerseys, and don't even get me started on #5. I mean Rashaan Palmer was awesome, but come on.

They've got to ask themselves, OK is the player in the HOF? If answer is no, then the next step is nominate for the HOF. If the answer is yes, then next step is are they worthy of something even greater than HOF? What that criteria is, who knows, we could ruminate on it I'm sure. But then for a retired jersey? All-American? Deep NCAA run? What else should get you a retired jersey? IDGAF about your NBA acumen, what did you do at Bonas.. and don't take as a slight against 44 - one of our best, loved watching him, but retireable?

Banners need cleanup. One for the Final Four. One for the rest of the NCAA. One for an A10 championship list. One for an NIT list. And make the A10 banners prominent again. It's a circus up in the rafters right now.

This Bill Kenville ceremony is a joke. Who asked for it? Why now? It cheapens the 2 guys who actually deserve to have their numbers in the rafters.
Lanier and Stith?

Seriously, who from his family is pressuring SBU and what donation is attached? Are we getting the Kenville Natatorium? 69 years ago FFS. Were we even integrated yet?

Perhaps the Kenville family could contribute to renovate the disgraceful shithouse located directly across from the Post Office. BTW...one of its stalls has excrement all over its sides and covering the actual shitter itself. Chuckster again??

Pissah!

Aloha!

Yeah I'm not into this whole infatuation at SBU with jersey honoring. I do understand the tributes to notable players, and a ring of honor type of thing would be cool. But they've pigeon-holed themselves on the already retired jerseys, and don't even get me started on #5. I mean Rashaan Palmer was awesome, but come on.

They've got to ask themselves, OK is the player in the HOF? If answer is no, then the next step is nominate for the HOF. If the answer is yes, then next step is are they worthy of something even greater than HOF? What that criteria is, who knows, we could ruminate on it I'm sure. But then for a retired jersey? All-American? Deep NCAA run? What else should get you a retired jersey? IDGAF about your NBA acumen, what did you do at Bonas.. and don't take as a slight against 44 - one of our best, loved watching him, but retireable?

Banners need cleanup. One for the Final Four. One for the rest of the NCAA. One for an A10 championship list. One for an NIT list. And make the A10 banners prominent again. It's a circus up in the rafters right now.

You sure complain a lot

Any thoughts on the team? Or is this the interior decorating forum now?
Tasty,

You've got to admit the Kenville ceremony came out of no where. It's not like the guy recently graduated or anything like that. Most Bona fans didn't even know who he was.

I believe he is 59th on Bona's all time scoring list with 908 points, right behind Charlon Kloof. They did make two NITs while he was here, but other than that, not sure why he's getting his number in the rafters 70 years after he graduated.

Tasty,

You've got to admit the Kenville ceremony came out of no where. It's not like the guy recently graduated or anything like that. Most Bona fans didn't even know who he was.

I believe he is 59th on Bona's all time scoring list with 908 points, right behind Charlon Kloof. They did make two NITs while he was here, but other than that, not sure why he's getting his number in the rafters 70 years after he graduated.
To stay on the interior design theme, how about the banner itself? The font size doesn’t match any of the other single-player banners, but does match the one with three players on it (which had been the one most recently purchased). What are the chances another lifer went through the motions again and just told the contractor to follow the same template as the previous order?

It was great to see my old backcourt partner in the arena Saturday rubbing elbows with the ESPN contingent. Maybe he's networking for a job....

Some good news - Rumpel was cleared to return on Friday and was supposed to practice yesterday.

Some good news - Rumpel was cleared to return on Friday and was supposed to practice yesterday.
Thank god. My wife said she's going to leave me if I don't start clearing out all the rumplemintze I loaded up on in the summer of 2021.

I hope Brett turns into a fine Bonnie. That said, I cant help but find it hilarious the amount of attention he gets on the BW. I can't ever recall a player who has never actually played a game have his contributions discussed so demonstrably, despite being based off nothing but rumor and wgt/Chuck exchanging practice notes. Maybe Poyser, but Poyser had 2 years of MWC production to base it off of. If only I could put my finger on what it is about Brett in particular that has your average Bandwagon poster creaming his briefs in anticipation. I wonder...

All that said, glad to hear there is hopefully fresh blood ready to enter the fold soon. Excited to see what he can do.

Back