The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

Is it true that JP and Gary kissed (French) at the end of this episode? I heard that from C.E. Maggio.
Heard Chuckie was overly optimistic and brought his own Tri-Pod to get some hot footage. The film will likely be for Chuckie's viewing pleasure only.

Side note, Chuckie blocked me on Twitter after myself and another Bona Twitterer accused him of being part of the Hvizdzak family Ponzi scheme.

In case anyone is interested. this is what I came up for this year to start:
1636057361464.png
Caveats:
I didnt focus hard on the small 1 bid leagues so some of them are debatable but they should sort themselves out
I tried to take region into account like the committee does for the top 4 seed lines but didnt make a huge effort. I placed my 1's in the regions I thought they belonged in and tried to place the 2's to where I think they will be regionally. I put Nova in the East and Michigan in the Midwest even though seed list says they should be flipped.
I didnt fret much over the last 4 in and first out teams. That will also sort itself out as it goes.
Obviously we dont have any numbers or data to go off of so this was tough. I used a few 1-358 rankings out there and some published brackets like ESPN and CBS, just to get an idea and check my work vs others.
OK St getting the ax yesterday made things so much easier. Had them as an 8/9 and it was a nightmare with all the Big 12 schools. I had like 8 moves domino off of them so today it is much cleaner and more representative of the seed list.

Bona87 full of crap. Adaway warming up looks fine. My source was as good as you can get. My information was not.

Both Adaway and Lofton looked good in warmups. If this was a real game both would have played.

Last edited:
Brown, Coulibaly, and Adams have obvious strengths. All three will be significant upgrades from last season's bench. Beyond that, it will depend upon who picks up Schmidt's system the quickest. It looks like Duro and Mellouk are raw, and Schmidt was clearly perturbed with them for missing some assignments. JNT has the prototypical frame and athleticism to eventually thrive here. Saizanou showed some flashes, but also made some boneheaded freshman mistakes. If nothing else, tonight made the top eight relatively clear--at least going into the regular season.

Ankle. Not overly serious, but he didn’t dress. He warmed up and shot around, though.
As long as he's ready for action Tuesday we should be glad he sat. Welch and Holmes played more than I expected. Sitting Lofton was a refreshing move by Schmidt. Looks like Alfred suited up anyone who could fit on the bus to Olean.

The amount of "we cant tell much definitive from D3 competition" followed by a long reactive list of assumptions about the season, in a definitive tone, on the other board is hilarious. But I digress.

The efficiency out of the 2 big fellas in terms of production vs minutes played is what stuck out to me. We will have 2 legitimate, true big men to use at the same time in bursts against teams with size and athleticism if we need to, and we've never really had that before. The yahoos always cried for Shoon/Shaw, Shoon/Ikpeze, Ikpeze/Ayeni combinations. All of those made no sense to a sane person. Shoon/Karim could actually work.

The amount of "we cant tell much definitive from D3 competition" followed by a long reactive list of assumptions about the season, in a definitive tone, on the other board is hilarious. But I digress.

The efficiency out of the 2 big fellas in terms of production vs minutes played is what stuck out to me. We will have 2 legitimate, true big men to use at the same time in bursts against teams with size and athleticism if we need to, and we've never really had that before. The yahoos always cried for Shoon/Shaw, Shoon/Ikpeze, Ikpeze/Ayeni combinations. All of those made no sense to a sane person. Shoon/Karim could actually work.
I was impressed with Cool. (yea I am calling him Cool). Being able to hit a mid range jumper is nice to see. The level of competition doesnt matter. I think he will be able to provide some valuable minutes when Shoon is not out there. Shaw was ok in stretches last year but Cool should be more reliable. I can see why the staff has been praising him lately. I could definitely see them playing together at times, when we play bigger teams but I am betting we wont see that combo too often.

On to Siena!

I was impressed with Cool. (yea I am calling him Cool). Being able to hit a mid range jumper is nice to see. The level of competition doesnt matter. I think he will be able to provide some valuable minutes when Shoon is not out there. Shaw was ok in stretches last year but Cool should be more reliable. I can see why the staff has been praising him lately. I could definitely see them playing together at times, when we play bigger teams but I am betting we wont see that combo too often.

On to Siena!
In an homage to the mid-90s wrestler Diesel, my little group of compatriots has been calling him “Big Daddy Coul”.

Like '03 said, competition doesn't really matter. What you can draw from the exhibition last night is the following:

Coul is a significant upgrade over Shaw
Adams is a significant upgrade over AJ/ Creal
Brown seems like he is a combo of Matt Wright and Chris Matthews.

Really hard to gauge a lot from the awful camera angles, but it didn't look like Brown was the strongest going to the hoop, but had a nice outside shot.

Aside from that, JNT and and maybe JS will be the only ones to get steady minutes, IMO.

Brown, Coulibaly, and Adams have obvious strengths. All three will be significant upgrades from last season's bench. Beyond that, it will depend upon who picks up Schmidt's system the quickest. It looks like Duro and Mellouk are raw, and Schmidt was clearly perturbed with them for missing some assignments. JNT has the prototypical frame and athleticism to eventually thrive here. Saizanou showed some flashes, but also made some boneheaded freshman mistakes. If nothing else, tonight made the top eight relatively clear--at least going into the regular season.
I think BR hit the nail on the head here.
I'll add most coaches perfer an 8 man rotation, but I think we might see JNT and Saizonou if certain players gets into foul trouble. And hopefully iof the team takes care of business vs the teams they should maybe this is year we're not asking "why are the starters in up 20 with 2 minutes left"

I could definitely see them playing together at times, when we play bigger teams but I am betting we wont see that combo too often.

Agreed, and most of our opponents it wouldn't be necessary. It would be a tactical thing, probably just a couple of minutes at a time- could work against a small team to create a mismatch as well. (See: the reason why 2017 Rhody kicked our ass because they stuck Hassan Martin and Kuan Iverson out there).

Knowing Schmidt though, it could very well never happen. But, since Cool/Big Daddy Coul/etc has played the 4 a high level before, its reasonable. Which is to say, I've long held resentment for people who though putting IKPEZE and JOSH on the floor TOGETHER was anything short of nonsense.

Putting either one or the other on the floor was nonsense, though necessary at the time. I really liked Ikpeze, though. He did what he could when he could.

Back