The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

After looking at BR's schedule, have to imagine it's going to be UB and UConn, but we shall see.

Reactions: res
You can add a Northeastern date in Beantown right before Christmas, as well as a buy game with Loyola (no, not that one).

Tuesday 11/9 - vs. Siena, 7 p.m.
Thursday 11/18 - vs. Boise State, 2 p.m. ESPN2 (Charleston Classic First Round)
Friday 11/19 - vs. Clemson or Temple, Noon or 2:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPNU (Charleston Classic Second Round)
Sunday 11/21 - vs. WVU/ELON/MARQ/MISS, hopefully the championship at 7:30 p.m. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU (Charleston Classic)
Saturday 11/27 - vs. Northern Iowa, 2 p.m.
Wednesday 12/1 - vs. Coppin State, 7 p.m.
Wednesday 12/8 - vs. Loyola (MD), 7 p.m.
Friday 12/17 - vs. Virginia Tech, TBA (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)
Wednesday 12/22 - at Northeastern, TBA
TBC - vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)

My semi-educated guess is the UConn game would be on Saturday, December 11. Before COVID, the Never Forget Tribute Classic has been on the second Saturday in December. The NHL schedule came out and the Devils are at the Islanders that night, so their arena should presumably be open that night. I really hope this one happens.

Unfurled says we have one open slot, two if we don't play Canisius. I guess 3 if UConn falls through.

I don't think NU will happen, but Canisius will likely be our sixth and presumably last OOC home game. Add UConn (agreed with Commenter on 12/11 in the Tribute Classic), and we've got one more to fill.

E7eujJWXEAEYch5.jpg

Northeastern 12/22 away and Loyola (MD) 12/8 home
The Loyola game would have been a good one had Aldama not declared for the draft. I see he went late 1st round, which surprised me. Loyola could still be ok. They picked up a big who averaged 25 minutes a game for Washington State and signed twins from Serbia who might turn out ok. With Aldama, the Greyhounds would probably have been the PL favorite.

Middle Tennessee released their non conference schedule and we aren’t on it. We are not playing Niagara this year. I am looking forward to seeing the conference schedule. I would think we will be featured on many of the national broadcasts the A-10 has.

Getting a little nervous about this fabled Uconn game…. Kinda reminds me of the Duke game that was all but guaranteed for months and then that balloon popped.

Getting a little nervous about this fabled Uconn game…. Kinda reminds me of the Duke game that was all but guaranteed for months and then that balloon popped.
Schmidt never said anything publicly about Duke like he did about UConn. I'm hoping they're just waiting on TV rights because the Never Forget Classic is always on national TV.

Pinnum is reporting a game with Charleston (presumably CoC) before returning from the tournament.

Pinnum is reporting a game with Charleston (presumably CoC) before returning from the tournament.
I saw that, and he’s usually dead on, but something has to give. CoC seems to have a full 13-game OOC set. Does the CAA play 16 or 18 games? If the former, then it would still fit for the Cougars.

I like the opponent, I am not sure I like the game. We already have 3 in 4 days down there. I guess it depends when the game actually happens. I would prefer it maybe that Mon or Tues prior to the Classic. I am just worried about taking a loss that week due to fatigue.

I saw that, and he’s usually dead on, but something has to give. CoC seems to have a full 13-game OOC set. Does the CAA play 16 or 18 games? If the former, then it would still fit for the Cougars.

Charleston Southern perhaps?

I see what he must have seen. GoBonnies lists the opponent in the 3rd game of the tournament as "Charleston".

Nothing to see here, folks.

Back