The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

Dayton is the only heavy team we dont get twice, and I am ok with that. The OOC schedule is very good and the A10 has buttressed that with solid pairings.

When considering that we are apparently obligated to play SJU & Duquesne twice each, this is exactly the 3 other double pairings I'd have wanted. I wouldn't have complained at either Davidson or Dayton being a double feature from an SOS point of view, but I'm just as soon okay with them not being.

I know there's a backstory with Duquesne that I've since forgotten, is there also one with Joes as far as why we play them twice? Looking back I could only find 1 season in the last 20ish in which we didn't get them twice. In true BW fashion, I'm asking here instead looking into it myself.

Until I started thinking through the matchups I didn't realize how much top end roster churn there has been this off season. 11 of the 18 all conference players from last year have left.

Just to summarize offseason moves to this point and focusing on guys leaving rather than new additons.

Davidson - lost Grady, Carter Collins, and Bates Jones - Who plays PG for them? Huffman was the freshman backup last year but had a big turnover problem, its been a long time since McKillop this big a hole at guard
Dayton - lost Crutcher, Chatman, Cohill, Ibi Watson - They get some guys back from injury but even Dayton fans don't know what this year's team will be
Duq - They return like 4 dudes, so that means the other 10 guys in Dambrot's rotation will be new
Fordham - lost Soriano - its Fordham they might be better playing 5 guys off the street
Mason - lost AJ Wilson, Jordan Miller, Kolek, Paulsen - Losing Paulsen is a positive and the new guy brought in some talent but they are firmly in the you have to prove it tier with UMass
GW - Returns Harris, Lindo and Bishop but the rest of the roster is gone.
La Salle - Returns most their guys but unless some guys make a big jump they are 8th/9th place again
Umass - Mitchell and Pierre left - who scares you on this team without Mitchell? Weeks can get hot from 3 but there is no reason to ever leave him alone from deep.
Rhode - Fatts is gone (Finally) - they are going to be a big physical team but I don't see them being that much better without Fatts and they werent good last year with him
Richmond - Blake is the only guy not back - they will be tough again assuming everyone stays back and healthy
Bonnies - Iron man 5 baby! - I think we end up missing some of those guys for a couple 3-4 game stretches and it is enough to knock us out of a regular season title (yes this is an emotional hedge and yes by the time december is here i'll have us going undefeated in league play)
St. Joes - Daly and Jordan Hall were two bright spots last season and both have moved on
SLU - Goodwin and French (most likely) are gone - they bring everyone else back and should be a double bye contender
VCU - Bones is gone and Ace is coming off an Achilles injury - they will need someone other than Vince Williams to knock down shots otherwise their ceiling could be limited.

Our writeup offers the obvious talking points: returning 87% of scoring/minutes and improved depth and competition from Duro, Adams, Mr. Coul, and Brown. The writer points out our room for improvement from deep and singles out Lofton's 24% shooting slump.

There's no other A-10 team listed in the top 10. VCU and SLU are listed in the "waiting room" along with Amherst (SUNY).

Northern Iowa has been officially announced. It stinks that it's happening over Thanksgiving break, but it's probably the only way UNI could travel to Bona's.

Here's the confirmed schedule as of now.

Thursday 11/18 - Charleston Classic
Friday 11/19 - Charleston Classic
Sunday 11/21 - Charleston Classic
Saturday 11/27 - vs. Northern Iowa
Friday 12/17 - vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)
TBA - vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)

Our writeup offers the obvious talking points: returning 87% of scoring/minutes and improved depth and competition from Duro, Adams, Mr. Coul, and Brown. The writer points out our room for improvement from deep and singles out Lofton's 24% shooting slump.

There's no other A-10 team listed in the top 10. VCU and SLU are listed in the "waiting room" along with Amherst (SUNY).
FOCK THE BABY MIDGET ANT DICK TUNA TITS TACO TAINT TIC TAC TESTES MID-MAJOR LABEL EAT SHIT ANYONE WHO USES IT BREAK YOUR BACK CAMEL CLUTCH FOCK OLD COUNTRY WAY MAKE YOU HOMBLE

Add another one to the list, as our little brother won't be ducking us this season. Opening the season on Nov. 9 against Siena. I'd like to see us get another tune up and easy win on the weekend of 11/13 before we head down to Charleston.

Confirmed schedule:

Tuesday 11/9 - vs. Siena
Thursday 11/18 - Charleston Classic
Friday 11/19 - Charleston Classic
Sunday 11/21 - Charleston Classic
Saturday 11/27 - vs. Northern Iowa
Friday 12/17 - vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)
TBA - vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)

Not adding it to the confirmed list yet, but CBS's #1 grifter says we're hosting Coppin State. I think this would be an ideal game to play in between Siena and the Charleston Classic.

Sorry to change the subject, but why am I getting an ad for toenail clippers for seniors at the top of this page?

Not adding it to the confirmed list yet, but CBS's #1 grifter says we're hosting Coppin State. I think this would be an ideal game to play in between Siena and during the Charleston Classic.

Fixed. The bench need games too.

Sorry to change the subject, but why am I getting an ad for toenail clippers for seniors at the top of this page?
Because you are old and need to clip your toenails? I have ads for child learning products so you know these sites are getting your browser history

Back