The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

It was "reported" on the Bandwagon that UConn at the Prudential Center may be in the works.

I would still like us to be not quite done yet. Top teams in the MWC this year are looking like SDSU, CSU, Boise & Nevada. I'd like to get one of them to make up for the cancelled MWC challenge. Then schedule Siena/UB/Can/Nia and some other cupcake.

Also, we are still due the MTSU return game at home from 2019, right?

Strength of Schedule! Get out of the dark ages! Stop scheduling Villa Maria! We should have a triple-header at KeyBank Arena against Duke, UNC, and Syracuse!

I think the OOC is sufficient. We’ll fill in with some extra home games, probably a H/H beginning on the road, and that will be it. You don’t want to overextend, and piling wins while gaining confidence is extremely important. We’ll also be matched up with two or three top A10 teams for H/H matchups, so let’s pump the breaks.

Count on at least six home OOC games, the Niagara game (possibly at Key Bank Arena), and the five neutral site games. The rest is TBD.

Clemson*
WVU*
Marquette*
Virginia Tech*
UConn*
Buffalo (H)
Niagara (N)
Canisius (H)
Siena (H)
Middle Tennesee (H)
Yale (H)
Colgate (H)

If the schedule above comes to fruition, that would be the best OOC slate since 2002-2003. It's probably the most ideal schedule you could have. No need to play true road games if you don't have to...Take a note from the P6s that play a max of ONE OOC road game.

Yale and Colgate aren’t sure things. Many of the buy game contracts from last year are being voided across D1. While I haven’t heard about the status of the Colgate game, it doesn’t sound like Yale is likely to happen.

Faaack the Ivy League... quitters! And Colgate who is Ivy League Jr. along with Bucknell. res!

NEWS: The Spectrum Center in Charlotte will host a quadruple-header on 12/17, according to multiple sources.

St. Bonaventure/Virginia Tech
Richmond/NC State
Wake Forest/Charlotte
East Carolina/Liberty

from RothStein

Let’s lock in the UConn game at Prudential, and this OOC is looking good.

I’d like to maintain that buy game with Colgate, but last year’s contracts are on shaky ground. MTSU owes us a game, too.

Unless they get a better buy, which is certainly possible, I think this would still be an attractive game for them. Still likely only a Q3 game for Bona, but a solid test...

Unless they get a better buy, which is certainly possible, I think this would still be an attractive game for them. Still likely only a Q3 game for Bona, but a solid test...
Hey, dude… weren’t they, like, top 15 in the NET last year?

Pride of the Patriot League. They often play before a couple of hundred at Cotterell Court.

Bonnies vs. Virginia Tech in Charlotte on Friday 12/17, a few weeks after the Charleston Classic. Bona's will be able to dominate both Carolinas.

R*thstein reporting a H/H beginning this year in Olean with UNI. 163 KP on a down season last season but have been consistently in the top 100 these last 10 years. An annoying road trip in 2022 but a suitable, challenging-but-winnable home opponent this coming year.

R*thstein reporting a H/H beginning this year in Olean with UNI. 163 KP on a down season last season but have been consistently in the top 100 these last 10 years. An annoying road trip in 2022 but a suitable, challenging-but-winnable home opponent this coming year.
Great series to schedule. I guess UNI's top scorer (hurt most of last yr.) is returning, so I bet they will be one of the top teams in the MVC this coming season.

This schedule looks great so far.

As of now…

BUFFALO
CANISIUS
SIENA
MTSU
NORTHERN IOWA
COLGATE ??
vs. Virginia Tech (Charlotte, NC)
vs. TBA (Charleston Classic)
vs. UConn ?? (Newark, NJ)
@ Niagara (possibly at Key Bank Arena)
TBA

One more to add, assuming the Colgate and UConn games happen.

Schmidt confirmed the UConn game at a golfing shindig over the weekend. That grifter Rothstein also got his tentacles on the A10 schedule pairings this afternoon. We got all the heavy hitters twice, as we should this year (also Dukes and Joe's).

St. Bonaventure
Home:
Davidson, Fordham, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Duquesne, Richmond, Saint Joseph’s, Saint Louis, VCU
Away:
Dayton, George Mason, La Salle, George Washington, Duquesne, Richmond, Saint Joseph’s, Saint Louis, VCU

Back