The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

Purely speculation. And I'm bored as shit.
Well, I think the UConn game should be good to go for 12/11 in Newark. The announcement is probably being held up because it is a triple or quadruple header, and all of the games probably aren't finalized yet. Schmidt himself, though, said at an SBU event that the game was on that date.

Just to bump the current OOC:

Confirmed dates:

11/09- SIENA
11/14- CANISIUS
11/18- vs. Boise State*
11/19- vs. Clemson/Temple*
11/21- vs. West Virginia/Ole Miss/Marquette/Elon*
11/27- NORTHERN IOWA
12/01- COPPIN STATE
12/04- BUFFALO
12/08- LOYOLA (MD)
12/11- vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)
12/17- vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)
12/22- @ Northeastern
TBA- ????

*Charleston Classic

As is, it looks like we need one more game. Preferably, we'd just buy another home game to fill in between our tough road trips. Plenty of NCAA at-large heft on that OOC. Plus, our A10 slate will be challenging.

Allegedly, the Niagara game isn't happening this season. They gave us the run around again, and SBU told them to kick rocks. Instead of Bona, NU is likely playing Albany at the Key Bank Arena. Play a likely Top 25 opponent in a big WNY showcase? Nah... play an America East team. Talk about a program (NU) that can't get out of its own way.

Middle Tennessee is off for the year, as SBUnfurled reported. They'll come to the RC in 2022-2023.

Last edited:
Just to bump the current OOC:

Confirmed dates:

11/09- SIENA
11/18- vs. Boise State*
11/19- vs. Clemson/Temple*
11/21- vs. West Virginia/Ole Miss/Marquette/Elon*
11/27- NORTHERN IOWA
12/01- COPPIN STATE
12/04- BUFFALO
12/08- LOYOLA (MD)
12/11- vs. UConn (Prudential Center, Newark)
12/17- vs. Virginia Tech (Spectrum Center, Charlotte)
12/22- @ Northeastern
TBA- CANISIUS
TBA- ????

*Charleston Classic

As is, it looks like we need one more game. Preferably, we'd just buy another home game to fill in between our tough road trips. Plenty of NCAA at-large heft on that OOC. Plus, our A10 slate will be challenging.

Allegedly, the Niagara game isn't happening this season. They gave us the run around again, and SBU told them to kick rocks. Instead of Bona, NU is likely playing Albany at the Key Bank Arena. Play a likely Top 25 opponent in a big WNY showcase? Nah... play an America East team. Talk about a program (NU) that can't get out of its own way.

Middle Tennessee is off for the year, as SBUnfurled reported. They'll come to the RC in 2022-2023.

Bill - what do you mean by "NU have us the run around again."

I know it'll never happen, but it would be great to see a high-quality game in Buffalo at Key Bank or even Blue Cross.

If things go off the tracks in South Carolina, drawing Boise, Temple and Elon would not be ideal for our SOS. I doubt that'll happen, but with that in mind what type of game do you think we schedule for our last game?

This is how I view our schedule:

NCAA-Caliber teams - Boise, UCONN, Va Tech, Northeastern, Northern Iowa, Buffalo (6)
NIT - Caliber - Clemson/Temple (1)
Top -150 teams - Siena (1)
Cupcake - Canisius, Coppin State, Loyola MD (3)

A neutral game against a top IVY would be great.

Bill - what do you mean by "NU have us the run around again."

I know it'll never happen, but it would be great to see a high-quality game in Buffalo at Key Bank or even Blue Cross.

If things go off the tracks in South Carolina, drawing Boise, Temple and Elon would not be ideal for our SOS. I doubt that'll happen, but with that in mind what type of game do you think we schedule for our last game?

This is how I view our schedule:

NCAA-Caliber teams - Boise, UCONN, Va Tech, Northeastern, Northern Iowa, Buffalo (6)
NIT - Caliber - Clemson/Temple (1)
Top -150 teams - Siena (1)
Cupcake - Canisius, Coppin State, Loyola MD (3)

A neutral game against a top IVY would be great.
NU thinks it’s still 1965. They want a straight up home-and-home with SBU and UB, which probably isn’t realistic going forward. Additionally, they have insisted upon games at Gallagher and been dicks about dates, times, etc.

I’m told there will be no ROC game this season. Maybe that will change, but it doesn’t sound like it.

NU thinks it’s still 1965. They want a straight up home-and-home with SBU and UB, which probably isn’t realistic going forward. Additionally, they have insisted upon games at Gallagher and been dicks about dates, times, etc.

I’m told there will be no ROC game this season. Maybe that will change, but it doesn’t sound like it.
That's brutal. I guess a year away from the RC makes it more important to secure as many home games as possible, but man, they could get 8,000 in Rochester this year if we're playing well.

That’s just what I heard. I hope we play there, too, but I think COVID conditions have gummed things up and made some gun shy.

If we can’t get a quality OOC game in ROC, then we should always play one of our first conference games (with students on break) up there.

Without a doubt, BR. I always liked the idea of playing a winter game there when students are on Christmas break, and then come back in March when people have cabin fever and are ready for the NCAA Tournament.

The SJU game was the best atmosphere of any Rochester game in a long time.

Can we even get a top 25 team to Rochester, especially when we are expected to be good?
I meant us. But your point still stands. I think if we can sustain then we can be in position to attract those games again like Dayton and VCU. Hey, we might actually be able to get home and homes!

I meant us. But your point still stands. I think if we can sustain then we can be in position to attract those games again like Dayton and VCU. Hey, we might actually be able to get home and homes!
Ugh, reading comprehension skills totally failed me on that one.

Back