The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

Yes, either Cool or Big Daddy Coul works for me too. I was very impressed with him. He will not be bullied by anyone in the A10 that comes to mind. Front line has been a consistent weakness in the past, but it looks like we've moved beyond that. We all know what the starting 5 can do, but the addition of Cool, Brown, and Adams is a big improvement from last year's bench.

Loyola chicago joining the a10 next year!

Wild. I thought they would be happy with what the MVC was doing by adding Belmont and Murray.

I'm 50/50 on this move. Kickass program the last four years under Mosher. Can another coach win there? Will their school support them because they still struggle to fill that gym despite their success.

NONETHELESS, if 20-team conferences are a thing, and there's a chance the powers want to break away, then go out and get Loyola and a few other key non-football basketball programs.

AJ Bramah has been kicked off the team at Nevada, according to Rothstein. Between this, and the ASU business, sure feels like we avoided a huge headache on this one.

ETA: reading up on it, I didn't realize he quit RMU 12 games into last year because of an 8 game losing streak. I'm surprised we were even interested in him after that.

Last edited:
AJ Bramah has been kicked off the team at Nevada, according to Rothstein. Between this, and the ASU business, sure feels like we avoided a huge headache on this one.

ETA: reading up on it, I didn't realize he quit RMU 12 games into last year because of an 8 game losing streak. I'm surprised we were even interested in him after that.
I had noticed that. Looks like we dodged another bullet on that one.

I think Petey Buckets asked this on Twitter but if you are dismissed from your team during one of these midseason tourneys how does that work? I assume they dont want you hanging out with the team so do they drive you to an airport and stick you on a plane right away or do you end up hanging around for the rest of the tourney and take the trip back with the team?

I hate to raise this issue, but I'm sure everyone has noticed that a new variant of the covid virus has cropped up. Not much change in the US so far, but some places overseas are starting to lock down or broadening lockdowns that were already in place.

I hate to raise this issue, but I'm sure everyone has noticed that a new variant of the covid virus has cropped up. Not much change in the US so far, but some places overseas are starting to lock down or broadening lockdowns that were already in place.
It is official, we live in a clown world.

It's amazing how many people run with totally unconfirmed reports about the severity of Lofton's injury. One mention of "high ankle sprain", and that's the gospel.

For what it's worth, Lofton has been out of the boot, doing walkthroughs, and looking pretty good with agility drills on the injured ankle. I'd say he's 50/50 for Saturday, but the safer bet is Virginia Tech or Northeastern. If it were me, I'd hold him out until the A10 opener against GW unless he was truly 100%.

Of all the garbage posted on the BW after Saturday's game (and there was a lot), one that I thought was a great point was the offensive efficiency with Brown on the court, vs Adams. Despite him scoring 0 points, late in the second half I had the thought while watching that the offense just looked crisper with Brown out there. Seeing the post over there that laid out the efficiency stats for not just UConn, but all year, confirmed it was not actually true and not just a feeling.

Nothing against Quadry, he's basically a freshmen, but this is something that I really hope is also noticed and considered by the staff, even after Kyle returns. Quadry made a couple of nice buckets, but he also killed several possessions with really out of control, poor selection shots.

I dont really have a point, other than this being food for thought.

Of all the garbage posted on the BW after Saturday's game (and there was a lot), one that I thought was a great point was the offensive efficiency with Brown on the court, vs Adams. Despite him scoring 0 points, late in the second half I had the thought while watching that the offense just looked crisper with Brown out there. Seeing the post over there that laid out the efficiency stats for not just UConn, but all year, confirmed it was not actually true and not just a feeling.

Nothing against Quadry, he's basically a freshmen, but this is something that I really hope is also noticed and considered by the staff, even after Kyle returns. Quadry made a couple of nice buckets, but he also killed several possessions with really out of control, poor selection shots.

I dont really have a point, other than this being food for thought.
To me what was equally noticeable (I have no stats to back this up) was that he defense was much better with Adams out there vs Brown. I thought Adams did a nice job manning up Cole. Holmes let him get by a couple times and that hurt us but I felt Adams stayed in front of him consistently. So there we have a trade off, offense or defense? With Lofton due back, hopefully we can deploy both Brown and Adams for the correct situations. I think Brown needs to be out there so he can find his shot.

Credit to you for reading the BW. I cant bring myself to do it.

Yeah, there is a trade-off for sure. I guess a point of it would be that a lineup with Brown has potential to spark some offense in stagnant stretches, even if it doesnt come from him directly. You're right about d, though, it says a lot about Schmidt's confidence in him defensively that he was put on Cole. The good thing about the shortcomings and mistake that both of them make are that they are correctable.

ETA: re: BW reading, I know. After any 'bigger' game I tend to find myself on there, regardless of results, looking for someone, anyone, who's got more things for me to read and sink my teeth into about the game. It almost never yields anything but regret over there.

I watched my recording of the UCONN game again last night. The Huskies are a better team than they looked against WVU and I suppose we're a better team than we looked in the last 14 minutes of this one. They sped us up in the second half and outlasted us. Am I correct in assuming that would not have happened if Kyle had been playing? Regardless, his presence would have been a big step up from the combination of Brown and Adams. They played well as did Big Daddy, but our bench is not on the same level as our starters or with UCONN. We need them, for sure, but it's still our Achilles heel.

Suddenly, this coming along and derailing the season seems like something I could totally live with.

There's a million things to say, but no reason to bother saying any of them. 03's first sentence in today's game thread says it all for me, and that's not a sentence I say lightly. When/if this team demonstrates a full 40 minutes of giving a fuck for several consecutive games, not just one game or bursts within games, I'll see you all back on here. Until then Merry Christmas, and maybe even Happy fucking Columbus Day at this rate.

Well, UNI is now 1 step away from being a Q3 loss instead of Q4. Hooray! Now if only our own team could get its shit together

Let’s all take a deep breath. Myself included. Our guys are going to bounce back and rally.

I think they will too but hearing about issues in practice makes me nervous. Any word on if the Northeastern game will be played or if we have an alternative? Dec 30 is a long way away and a long time to stew on a horrendous performance.

Back