The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

Is it true that Chuckie has been experimenting with ivermectin?
The reports are true. But look! He's as healthy as a horse!

avatars-000609435549-fkoz79-t500x500.jpg

Negotiations are falling apart because of his demands for full frontal. Back to pickin splinters
Is it true that, at the behest of McQuaid Jesuit's football coach, Chuckie gave a pregame speech to the Knights?

I saw this piece on Twitter where someone had done some analysis of how some o the new transfer players coming into the A10 might fare when compared to similar stats of some current or former A10 players. Players are "clustered" based on similar stats and other factors. The only Bona transfer player that fits into one of these "clusters" is Karim. Anyway here is a link to the article.

using-k-means-clustering-to-guess-how-a10-transfers-will-play

I would have thought that Brown, our JC transfer might have fit into this "cluster" system, but I think they only used transfers from four year schools.

Reactions: res
I see that former Knicks scout, assistant coach, and assistant GM Jeff Nix gave the staff highly fulsome praise after watching the Bonnies practice. While I always appreciate what the former Portville great has to say, I wish he'd be a little quieter about it. Sure, Schmidt's no longer under the radar but I'd sure like to keep Curran and the rest as long as possible.

How do we feel about No. 56 & 57 on this list...57 seems unlikely.

How do we feel about No. 56 & 57 on this list...57 seems unlikely.

I agree. I think Shoon will get drafted as long as he has a decent season. He has everything the NBA looks for except the long range but the fact he plays really solid defense and has mid range I think gets him to the league and he can carve out some 2nd unit minutes. I dont see it with Lofton but I dont want to dismiss it either.

Even though the NBA sucks and the style of play is repulsive, it’s still basketball. A guy like Lofton brings a lot of value as a floor general, ball handler, distributor, and defender. While I don’t expect him to be drafted in 2022, he will get a clean shot at the league.

Even though the NBA sucks and the style of play is repulsive, it’s still basketball. A guy like Lofton brings a lot of value as a floor general, ball handler, distributor, and defender. While I don’t expect him to be drafted in 2022, he will get a clean shot at the league.
Yea, that is why I didnt want to dismiss it. Guards are way more common though so it is hard to stand out. Jay got some 2 way deals and hung around but never could carve out a niche and is now overseas. I think Lofton is tougher but not as good a shooter but also a better defender. I could see him getting a 2 way deal or at least getting an invite to summer league and a camp and then he can prove himself.

Yea, that is why I didnt want to dismiss it. Guards are way more common though so it is hard to stand out. Jay got some 2 way deals and hung around but never could carve out a niche and is now overseas. I think Lofton is tougher but not as good a shooter but also a better defender. I could see him getting a 2 way deal or at least getting an invite to summer league and a camp and then he can prove himself.
Agreed. Lofton will almost certainly get an invite to try out or for summer camp, but doubt he gets drafted.

He's s strong defender and distributor, but he's shooting is so below average I doubt he sticks on anywhere unless that improves. Adams, while slow and not a good defender, was a great scorer so that's why he got a look.

There are some players that fit Lofton's profile. I'd say he's comparable to Michael Carter Williams. A bigger-bodied PG that doesn't shoot well, but defends well. MCW is a bit taller than KL, though.

Back