The Bonnies: 2020-2021 Season Thread

Next Saturday's game against Duquesne is now next Friday night's game on ESPN2.

This is because SLU-Davidson won't happen. At this rate, if SLU can even play us on the 23rd, it could be their first (or second) game since they paused. That would be a huge advantage for us, assuming we still keep on trucking...

Does the A10 have a minimum game threshold to be eligible for the tournament? I believe I read some other conferences require 13.

We've got a very small 5 game sample to work with, but some interesting patterns are beginning to appear. One of the interesting ones is in the NBA efficiency metric. SLU is the clear leader with a team aggregate of 103.25. VCU, Richmond, and Bona are close contenders for a double bye berth as well as in this area: VCU at 87.83, Bona at 84.8 and Spiders at 84.5. Davidson is nearby at 80.73, Rhody at 78.17, while Dayton is mid-70s and the Dukes come in at 68. The big surprise, however, is UMASS, which posts the second highest score: 91. This is on the back of Tre Mitchell's remarkable 22.67, which compares to our leader, Osun, at 18.6.

A10 Tournament will not be held in Brooklyn this year. No site has been determined, but Dayton (surprise) might end up hosting this year.

So we will be in DC for 2022 and then back in Brooklyn until 2024.

If it goes to a campus site then Mason or Richmond should host. They are more centrally located. Philly also would be a good spot.

Hold in Dayton so there can be fans. Limited, but better than nothing. Is any other state with an A10 program allowing fans?

If it goes to a campus site then Mason or Richmond should host. They are more centrally located. Philly also would be a good spot.

Mason is my vote because they have the 3rd largest arena in the conference. If you want limited fans, 10k capacity, only a few seats less than SLU and 3k or so behind Dayton. Mason is near Dulles Airport, DC is a major hub and central. Also, Mason sucks so it'll be neutral, as opposed to giving VCU and Richmond an unfair advantage.

If there are no fans, put it at the #1 seed (aka the Reilly Center 😏)...

I seriously doubt that Virginia will be allowing any fans at sporting events by then, certainly not indoor events.

I doubt there will be fans no matter where it is. That would be a nightmare since you have people coming from all over the place. I think the whole point of moving it to a campus is to take fans out of the equation and save costs. This may be unpopular but I think outside of the major conferences, their tournaments should be small. If I am the MAAC, I am inviting 4 teams to the top seeds gym. I even think the A10 should cut it at 8 if they can.

A rematch with the pageant mom, yes please. The Athletics latest:
1611085630524.png

Read it and weep, folks. Six AP votes!

First time getting votes since March 2018, I wonder what happened that month? We also got 3 votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll, but that thing is worthless.

Its official from Chuckie:

Not much information other that confirmation he is gone. Smell ya...

Edit, Here is the OTH:

Last edited:
Completely forgot about Metcalf.

With only 9 scholarship players we really cant afford any injuries. Glad Holmes seemed OK after the Michael Hughes attempt on his life, but it only takes one play like that and to not land right for someone to miss serious time.

This transfer shit is getting to be a serious problem. No kid who is getting D1 offers considers themselves a bench player. But unless there's an injury or you're a blue chip, that's likely where you'll be watching the game on this Bona team and with this coach.

Schmidt is going to have a hell of a time getting guys not in the starting five to stick around this offseason and an even harder time convincing recruits to come to bonaventure and play 13 total minutes your freshman year. I love what this year and 2022 have in store but am having a hard time imagining what 2023 will look like.

Completely forgot about Metcalf.

With only 9 scholarship players we really cant afford any injuries. Glad Holmes seemed OK after the Michael Hughes attempt on his life, but it only takes one play like that and to not land right for someone to miss serious time.
We saw what the defense looked like with Vazquez in for Adaway.... :sick:

Back