The Bonnies: 2020-2021 Season Thread

Do we know if Roberts pushed for the waiver or did the school?

I've heard we proposed to play Siena at Mohegan Sun and the game is currently being discussed, since both teams will be there and were obviously scheduled to play each other. Siena would return to the RC next season. The game was originally scheduled for late December, but the A10 wants those dates open for potential conference games.

I've heard we proposed to play Siena at Mohegan Sun and the game is currently being discussed, since both teams will be there and were obviously scheduled to play each other. Siena would return to the RC next season. The game was originally scheduled for late December, but the A10 wants those dates open for potential conference games.

So SFA on Nov. 25, Towson a day or two later and then possibly Rhody and Siena some time after that?

That would give us four games with four to fill, correct? That's if A10 does indeed go to 20-game slate.

It won’t surprise me if we mirror what Rhody set up—playIng something like four games in five days while in the Mohegan Sun “bubble”.

This is a no-brainer for both SBU and Siena to play out there. It saves headaches for Bona/A10 scheduling and cuts a road trip for Siena. Get it done, Franciscans.

So SFA on Nov. 25, Towson a day or two later and then possibly Rhody and Siena some time after that?

That would give us four games with four to fill, correct? That's if A10 does indeed go to 20-game slate.

I don't think we're going to play Rhody there, even though we could play a conference foe if we wanted. It seemed like they have their schedule set.

According to everyone's favorite guy Mr Rothstein, Bonnies will be playing Vermont at Mohegan

Lets get Siena on the books and we could end up with at least a decent non conference schedule.

SFA
Towson
Vermont
SUNY Amherst (nothing official)
Siena (nothing official)

No bogeys there. Problemis there are no eye catching games either but we have no idea how they will figure out the tournament this year.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but if we are indeed playing 20 A10 games, would that leave us with three games to fill if the teams below are all on the schedule? Would be nice to get St. John's and syracuse on the schedule, too.

SFA
Towson
Vermont
SUNY Amherst
Siena

Sorry if this has been discussed, but if we are indeed playing 20 A10 games, would that leave us with three games to fill if the teams below are all on the schedule? Would be nice to get St. John's and syracuse on the schedule, too.

SFA
Towson
Vermont
SUNY Amherst
Siena

Siena seems more likely to not be happening at this point, and not because our staff didn't want it. It seems like it'd make sense to play them in CT, but the Saints coach seems to think otherwise. We'll see if it winds up happening after all.

No surprise here, but if you were hoping to go to one of our games before blowing some cash on Blackjack, you're out of luck.

So what are the thoughts on structure on this board? Do we want to keep all things game/team related in this thread (similar to the A10 board) or are we doing separate game/preview threads like the other place?

I ask because I'm starting to get excited for the season and trying to relearn how to think/write about Bonnies basketball. I'm kicking around some ideas for a Bonnies season preview and an A-10 Bold Predictions write up. Just want to gage the room before making 20 different threads when 1 or 2 would do.

So what are the thoughts on structure on this board? Do we want to keep all things game/team related in this thread (similar to the A10 board) or are we doing separate game/preview threads like the other place?

I ask because I'm starting to get excited for the season and trying to relearn how to think/write about Bonnies basketball. I'm kicking around some ideas for a Bonnies season preview and an A-10 Bold Predictions write up. Just want to gage the room before making 20 different threads when 1 or 2 would do.
It seemed like we had a pretty good system last season by using individual game threads. In terms of a "bold predictions" type of thread, we should probably just keep things streamlined to keep the first page as clutter-free as possible. For example, the "Around the League" thread is a really good catch-all on the A10 board. I think an "Around the A10" thread would be perfect for conference news and the types of thoughts you mentioned above.

No surprise here, but if you were hoping to go to one of our games before blowing some cash on Blackjack, you're out of luck.

In a weird way, I'm glad they made the call for me. I really wanted to go but I also didn't want to be in a bad situation for the pandemic. Will be rooting loudly from home with a bird in the oven!

I know this isn't supposed to be our year like it is Richmond's, but damn, they put together a strong OOC.

Kentucky
Northern Iowa
West Virginia
Vanderbilt
Furman

Hopefully they perform well in the OOC because they might be the highest rated team we get this season.

A source is telling me we are now slated to play St. Francis (PA) on Saturday, Dec. 12. That source is Unfurled.

The Athletic updated their bracketology today:
1610122367826.png

I Know I know...I understand we shouldnt be thinking about this stuff yet. I just loved seeing a matchup with Oklahoma. Would love to shove it up Castiglione's ass. Oh, and they have Syracuse in their first 4 out.

Back