The Bannedwagon Thread

Oh, he’s a lunatic. He posts on the other WNY schools’ quiet message boards, and it’s the same story at every stop. He has floated the brilliant idea for Canisius and Niagara to merge and join the A10.
I think there may be a little more going on upstairs that's not PC to make fun of, so that's part of why I haven't commented. If not, then whew that is scary. Scarier still that people are reading it, and deciding it's worth liking.

I think those posters are really res posting under new aliases.

Good post by one of the few good contributors over there:
View attachment 435
After seeing this I decided to check out the thread and I was dissapointed because I felt it was incomplete because it didnt break down Holmes and Shoon's 1st game. And even though it was titled "Iron Men 2.0", it left out the rest of the players who transfered out.

To be honest as I look back I think the best thing that could have happened was that SR class moving on. I really feel like having that concentration of starters in 1 class really hurt recruiting efforts and would have set any type of rebuild back a year. And lets face it anything other than a NCAA tournament appreance and probaly a win would have been considered a disapointment.

Which, IMO, wouldn't have happened. They got stale. Playing together one more year would have made them, and Schmidt, even more stale. They probably would have ended up with a better record than the current team, but not better enough to satisfy us or them.

(I wouldn't have minded seeing Shoon come back to play with the current bunch, though, despite the constant flexing.)

(I wouldn't have minded seeing Shoon come back to play with the current bunch, though, despite the constant flexing.)
Actually just had the conversation with a friend yesterday that Shoon would be the only transfer that the staff would have a a hard time replacing. With no offense to the other players guards are a dimer a dozen but a quality big man is hard to come by.

Reactions: res
Also geneseo is stating on the other board that JNT has left the program.
Timing seems wierd to me but with Flowers and the Rumple returning in the next couple weeks his little playing time will be squeezed even more.
Also tough to blame him, with Farrell, Evans and Rose it looks like he's definetly been recruited over.

Him being hard to replace is actually why I prefer to not have him back. Life after the program's all-time block leader and 2 time A10 DPOY is inevitable. I'd rather rip the band aid off while the entire roster is changing over. No doubt this team, especially given its youth and inexperience together, would have been heavily reliant on his defense. In my opinion, they're better off never knowing than they are having to re-learn how to play defense as a team without him 12 months from now.

Screenshot_20221129-221322_Chrome.jpg

The latest thread to immediately devolve into just '50's and '60's names: "A-10 transfers to Power 6 schools". No Tim Winn among the 24 names, either.

This whole thing about comparing players from the current team to Iron 5 is a touchy subject on the forum. I am glad they all left . They had peaked as a group the previous year in my mind. Take the money. They needed to have to compete for time. I saw that Shoon saw only 8 minutes last night.

I never liked the way they went about leaving, but it seems like it worked out well for everyone. The bashing of the guys never gets old for some over there.

I never liked the way they went about leaving, but it seems like it worked out well for everyone. The bashing of the guys never gets old for some over there.
Just because we got some of our own guys doesn’t mean certain departing players didn’t screw us over. That happened, and it impacted not only our staff and program, but other teammates (Coulibaly, Brown, Adams, in particular). Part of the reason those guys made life-altering decisions is because certain teammates made firm assurances of returning.

We don’t need to keep talking about them, but it’s very fair for Bona folk to have hard feelings.

Just because we got some of our own guys doesn’t mean certain departing players didn’t screw us over. That happened, and it impacted not only our staff and program, but other teammates (Coulibaly, Brown, Adams, in particular). Part of the reason those guys made life-altering decisions is because certain teammates made firm assurances of returning.

We don’t need to keep talking about them, but it’s very fair for Bona folk to have hard feelings.
Coach Curran may not have used words like screw over. He is proferssional and has to be a little more diplomatic but he basically sait this on this weeks coaches show.

It's OK to forgive these guys someday but nobody should be happy with how they they left.

Some entertaining Rumpel vs. Luc discussion taking place on the Cleveland St. thread, including a beaut from what must me one of Brett's family or high school buddies. Wasn't quite worth a screenshot but I chuckled nonetheless...

Back