The Bannedwagon Thread

Omg that is a terrible take, from a disciple member no less. I guess mugs doesn’t really watch the games?
Dude definitely watches the games. Scroll through any game thread and you can read his instant reactions as if the bandwagon was twitter

Reactions: res
Now the argument over there is whether this an NIT team or not. It's not, and probably not even close. Regardless, why would anyone want to see them in the NIT? The NIT was marginally relevant in 1977. It is completely irrelevant today, unless you're a regular season champion in a bottom 20 conference who happens to lose in its conference tournament. And, even then, it's a push.

Take the 6% chance they can win four games in DC and then let them; and us; rest in peace.

NIT is relevant for low majors that lose their conference tourney, coaches on the hot seat that need to point to success (See Pat Chambers and PSU), and young teams that improved throughout the year and can benefit from some postseason experience.

We check none of those boxes and I have a feeling if we end up in the NIT it would be a lot like the 2016 team's NIT appearance.

Its asinine to even think this group will get selected for the NIT at this point. Standing at 4-4, they have to at least get to 12-6 to have even a shot there. I agree with Jive, I dont think this group would even give a shit about the NIT. I wouldnt mind making it if we played the younger guys.

Bandwagon posters spend two pages early last night complaining about the refs. Tonight, two pages complaining about St. Louis fans complaining about the refs.

And my wife wonders why I seek solace in alcohol.

Bandwagon posters spend two pages early last night complaining about the refs. Tonight, two pages complaining about St. Louis fans complaining about the refs.

And my wife wonders why I seek solace in alcohol.
Don’t forget the latest in a long, long line of mask/vax conversation as well.

I see the mods have taken down the multiple (of course) threads on the Schmidt to UMass fiasco. You would think that if the reason they did so was to suppress any negative reflections on the school or program, then they would just go ahead and shut down the whole fucking sorry website.

One of the many BannedWagon dunces just said Holmes "is not a P5 player." What does that even mean?

He averaged 15 PPG against P6 teams last season, and was the best player on the floor for two of those eight games (vs. Clemson and Oklahoma). The P5 cartel's decades-long misinformation campaign has really melted the brains of Wagon types. Sure, his shot disappeared for a long stretch in January/February, but you'd think "The P5" was the NBA the way people talk about it.

Back