The Bannedwagon Thread

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff.

On a separate note, but sort of on topic, I was told that Adaway was apparently doing a Cole Beasley on Instagram. Apparently, he reacted to the school page post on the vaccination requirement with strong objection. Other commenters chimed in- some supportive, some combative- and he was going to battle with those disagreeing with him. I didn't see it, only heard from a friend, and its since been taken down.

To be clear, I have no interest in discussing the requirement itself. Nor do I wish to discuss whether or not he should or shouldn't be interacting on Instagram this way. The reason I bring it up is that I simply find it noteworthy he feels that strongly about it, and I'd guess he's not the only one who does. I would assume this is an issue that every program at schools implementing this policy are facing.

I don't find it concerning per se- it's probably on par with how concerned I am with the "why is Lofton in up 15 with a minute to go" discussion. Which is to say, worth noting, but not much more.

Reactions: res
Fascinating stuff.

On a separate note, but sort of on topic, I was told that Adaway was apparently doing a Cole Beasley on Instagram. Apparently, he reacted to the school page post on the vaccination requirement with strong objection. Other commenters chimed in- some supportive, some combative- and he was going to battle with those disagreeing with him. I didn't see it, only heard from a friend, and its since been taken down.

To be clear, I have no interest in discussing the requirement itself. Nor do I wish to discuss whether or not he should or shouldn't be interacting on Instagram this way. The reason I bring it up is that I simply find it noteworthy he feels that strongly about it, and I'd guess he's not the only one who does. I would assume this is an issue that every program at schools implementing this policy are facing.

I don't find it concerning per se- it's probably on par with how concerned I am with the "why is Lofton in up 15 with a minute to go" discussion. Which is to say, worth noting, but not much more.
Perfect. I hope at least some of our guys pull a Beasley and at least force the discussion to be had. I’m sure this will end poorly however, anyone even thinking along those lines is generally repudiated.

I don't think you want to go Beasley on the situation, but if you've had covid, why do you need the vaccine? The most recent research is showing that whether by infection or vaccination, it's likely you have long lasting immunity. Reports are that the "team" got covid last November. I can understand any one of them saying, yeah, I'm not sure I actually need the vaccine. It's a fair question anyone can/should be asking.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03647-4 .. this is the abstract the the WUStL on covid patients and then the same team did the research on vaccine patients as well.. https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/cov...une-structures-critical-for-lasting-immunity/

Now a medical abstract is a mockable offense. Oh the horror. Actual data from professionals instead of tribalist verbal vomit. I see how they're exactly the same.

Now a medical abstract is a mockable offense. Oh the horror. Actual data from professionals instead of tribalist verbal vomit. I see how they're exactly the same.
Fine: I'll bite. You seem to be saying people who were previously infected do not need the vaccine and used that WU abstract as evidence. Did you read it because this is a direct quote from the abstract summary you shared (my bold):

“We didn’t set out to compare the effectiveness of vaccination in people with and without a history of infection, but when we looked at the data we could see an effect,” O’Halloran said. “If you’ve already been infected and then you get vaccinated, you get a boost to your antibody levels. The vaccine clearly adds benefit, even in the context of prior infection, which is why we recommend that people who have had COVID-19 get the vaccine.”

Perfect. I hope at least some of our guys pull a Beasley and at least force the discussion to be had. I’m sure this will end poorly however, anyone even thinking along those lines is generally repudiated.

I agree. Regardless of where you stand, two things for certain are that it's sometimes a polarizing discussion, and it affects all of the guys. Like anything, I'm sure there is some level of divide on it in the locker room. Forcing a discussion to address the elephant in the room has to be better than letting the elephant sit, so long as the discussion doesn't worsen the divide.

Fine: I'll bite. You seem to be saying people who were previously infected do not need the vaccine and used that WU abstract as evidence. Did you read it because this is a direct quote from the abstract summary you shared (my bold):

“We didn’t set out to compare the effectiveness of vaccination in people with and without a history of infection, but when we looked at the data we could see an effect,” O’Halloran said. “If you’ve already been infected and then you get vaccinated, you get a boost to your antibody levels. The vaccine clearly adds benefit, even in the context of prior infection, which is why we recommend that people who have had COVID-19 get the vaccine.”
Right, they do feel there's a boost, as there would be with any acute infection. Blood-born antibodies spike and then dissipate at an inverse rate. You could get a booster shot every month if you want to keep your blood-born antibody count high. The body retains the long-term markers in bone marrow. So do you need the boost, or was the naturally gained immunity sufficient? It appears natural is sufficient, yet there is possibly an added benefit to then also getting the vaccine. Yes I've read the entire abstract. Among others that are in peer review. It's actually all fascinating stuff if you're into it.

Just because something falls outside one's tribalist worldview doesn't make it bullshit. Since a person who's had covid is likely immune for a "long time", whatever that time frame is - we don't have the data yet - they pose no risk, certainly no more risk right now than a vaccinated individual. It should be up to them and their physician whether or not they get the vax. If a player on our team had covid, and doesn't want the vax, I'd support that 100%. Btw, I'm not anti-vax or anything like that. I'm anti-medically-unnecessary. The science is slowly coming out because we need time.

What we didn't need was 6 months of virtual hot takes from your favorite political figureheads, no matter what side of the argument they were on. So back to your point, if this thread devolves into hurling hot takes and political insults, yeah then having this discussion is bannedwagony.

Whatever, I've already spent too much time on this, it's an exercise in futility.

Back