The Bannedwagon Thread

Hear me out, because I consider myself somewhat rational when not going full Tourettes on GregMitch.

The whole "stfu and get vaccinated" is a bad take for a couple reasons. You do have to consider those already recovered from covid having the antibodies w/o vaccine - but "they" don't. And the vaccine is still under EUA. Now, given time - because we need data - sure, the vaccine will be fully approved and out of EUA status. And given that 100MM+ vaccines have been administered, the potential for side effects to date appears to be way under the bad effects of getting covid for the out of shape, fat-ass, slob citizens of this country. I think the majority of people probably should get the vaccine. I don't blame those recovered from covid with antibodies for not doing so, at least for now.

Hear me out, because I consider myself somewhat rational when not going full Tourettes on GregMitch.

The whole "stfu and get vaccinated" is a bad take for a couple reasons. You do have to consider those already recovered from covid having the antibodies w/o vaccine - but "they" don't. And the vaccine is still under EUA. Now, given time - because we need data - sure, the vaccine will be fully approved and out of EUA status. And given that 100MM+ vaccines have been administered, the potential for side effects to date appears to be way under the bad effects of getting covid for the out of shape, fat-ass, slob citizens of this country. I think the majority of people probably should get the vaccine. I don't blame those recovered from covid with antibodies for not doing so, at least for now.
Exactly right. For a good portion of the population, get the vaccine or drop about 50 lbs or hell maybe do both.

I could no longer take it over there. I deleted my account. There are many great people on that site, but the ignorance is just too much. The "moderator" is the same guy who was tweeting at the parody Mark Schmidt account trying to convince him to stay.

Right. Where your level of rationality falls on that topic, or any, isn't the point. Even if someone posted on the BW a take on a social issue that I agreed with so much, I could have wrote it myself, I still dont want to see it there. It's a fucking message board about a niche A10 basketball team. I get it's the internet and current events bleed into consumption at every turn, but I think most would agree that a message board about a very specific topic is best served staying on that topic. I mean fuck, move it to the off topic forum if you really think it should stay, in the very least. But no, there it sits with an admin actively participating in it, let alone not moving it to off topic.

Most of us are able to overlook that, if it makes you feel any better.

They thought Bevelators reflected poorly on SBU? Those lunatics reflect poorly on all vertebrates.
The Bevelators have been a godsend to SBU in their collective opposition to the Bannedwagon for over 15 years. The Bevelators have, in fact, rescued SBU from the likes of Fox, Jim62, Sneakers (RIP), Gleason and other nefarious contributors to the real possibility of SBU's downfall. At this very moment the Bevelators are investigating a report of an unmasked Gleason having surreptitiously coughed on Dr. D.

Pissah!
Aloha!

Last edited:
Actually, what he wrote was,

"Thank god we have a real time schedule working this year despite the needs & opinions of true cancers like the guys who like posts by Bona84."

So, it's not you who is the cancer, it is those of us who encourage you. You're off the hook.

Based upon his tone and attitude toward sports/management, one has to believe thebonafan08 is a fan of NYC pro sports… right?

Maybe, Bill, but I think he's more likely just a guy who's never had a job with any great responsibility. He's smart enough, he's just never had to make tough decisions and doesn't realize what doing so entails.

I know this, as I took Psych 100 forty-eight years ago.

Actually, what he wrote was,

"Thank god we have a real time schedule working this year despite the needs & opinions of true cancers like the guys who like posts by Bona84."

So, it's not you who is the cancer, it is those of us who encourage you. You're off the hook.
I’ve been waiting for you to correct me on that point.

I’ve been waiting for you to correct me on that point.
Not a correction for correction's sake, it's just that if anyone gets to be a cancer on the Bandwagon, I wanted to stake my claim.

Back