The Bannedwagon Thread

Yeah, I was going to make a Congers joke but I see agoo beat me to it.

This was all I needed to read.. he's off his rocker:
1581534714728.png

I really just need to stop checking in on that place. Between medical disclosures, knee-jerk game threads, and general basketball senility - and all that goes with it - it's a fruitless waste of time. But it's a train wreck that asks you to rubberneck.. one more time.

Yeah, I was going to make a Congers joke but I see agoo beat me to it.
There's a Miles Aiken joke waiting to be made somewhere, though the Essie Hollis comparison already came up.

Personally I find the in-game knee jerk reactions and shallow-as-a-wading pool analysis to be hilarious, if you wait until after a win to read them. There’s a few good minds over there, but several of them have posted less and less, or just stopped all together. I hope they come over here, if they haven’t already.

The name errors never fail to make me laugh.

But, more importantly, why does Shoon find himself away from the basket so damn often?!!!

We should just throw lobs to him as our offense!!!

That cesspool needs to get shut down. The reluctance to ban legitimate trolls is upsetting. You reap what you sow, I suppose.

View attachment 144

Who the hell is Jason?

JASON WINKINS is obviously JAMEIS WINSTON'S brother, who we signed some time last year in a PACKAGE deal with JAMESTOWN WINKSON.

Also, these stats are SO far off. A simple fact check will find that JASON WINKINS is shooting 7-15 from 3 in his last four games (still good), but not 16-24. JAMEIS is also not 18-30 from 3 in his last 6 games, he's 9-22. What is CHUNK looking at as he more than doubles JUNSTON's numbers?

Don't get me wrong, JAMESTOWN has played much better the last two games, but his being 4-7 from deep last night makes these stats a little misleading (not as much as the completely false numbers do, though).

That cesspool needs to get shut down. The reluctance to ban legitimate trolls is upsetting. You reap what you sow, I suppose.

It's gotten so bad that even some of the longterm trolls seem to have bailed.

JASON WINKINS is obviously JAMEIS WINSTON'S brother, who we signed some time last year in a PACKAGE deal with JAMESTOWN WINKSON.

Also, these stats are SO far off. A simple fact check will find that JASON WINKINS is shooting 7-15 from 3 in his last four games (still good), but not 16-24. JAMEIS is also not 18-30 from 3 in his last 6 games, he's 9-22. What is CHUNK looking at as he more than doubles JUNSTON's numbers?

Don't get me wrong, JAMESTOWN has played much better the last two games, but his being 4-7 from deep last night makes these stats a little misleading (not as much as the completely false numbers do, though).

I think JUSTIN WINSTON should get drafted by the HEAT and replace JUSTISE WINSLOW.

Bannedwagon shits the bed and sucks big dick. Also a huge Pissah. Motherfucker should be shut down. Bonas08 = Corky = Beetle Juice = Jim62.

Pissah!

Aloha!

I dont want to beat a dead horse here, but, man, it's incredible how many people on there currently truly believe we could get an at-large still. How is it possible to know so little about the sport played by a team you're so invested in?

I dont want to beat a dead horse here, but, man, it's incredible how many people on there currently truly believe we could get an at-large still. How is it possible to know so little about the sport played by a team you're so invested in?
Over the past five or so years, I’ve noticed a rapid deterioration in critical thinking skills... and self-awareness. The Bannedwagon is not immune to such trends.

At the risk of sounding like a total nut, would it be that outrageous to sniff an at large IF the following happened?

Right now we have FIVE Q3/Q4 which is absolutely terrible. The circumstances surrounding that don't matter regardless, and most bubble teams have one or two of those caliber losses.

Buffalo and Vermont are very close to becoming Q2 losses, which lessens our ugly OOC performance. If OU, Siena, and Canisius can play halfway decent down the stretch, they would all be/remain Q3 losses.

So in that scenario, we have three Q3 losses and 0 Q4s. Right now we are 1-2 vs. Q1 and 1-1 vs. the Q2. Not that impressive and while Hofstra is a solid team, there’s no chance of them becoming a Q2 unless they run the table.

So with the remaining schedule we have: Richmond (Q2), Saint Louis (Q1 – almost), A10 quarterfinal (Q2) + A10 (Q1) and then lose to Dayton in the title game.

If we win all those games, we would have a Q1 record of 3-3, and Q2 3-3…Would 6-6 vs. Q1/Q2 be enough if VCU and other bubbles fall off?

I think not.

If we get a perfect storm of a SUNY Amherst-Ohio MAC final and a Canisius-Siena MAAC final, along with Vermont winning the America East, then we could be talking.

We have to win out and get to Saturday in Brooklyn to even begin entertaining this possibility. That would give us a few more Q2 and possibly Q1 wins, depending on how well Richmond/SLU do and if we play VCU/Duquesne in the quarterfinal.

At the risk of sounding like a total nut, would it be that outrageous to sniff an at large IF the following happened?

Right now we have FIVE Q3/Q4 which is absolutely terrible. The circumstances surrounding that don't matter regardless, and most bubble teams have one or two of those caliber losses.

Buffalo and Vermont are very close to becoming Q2 losses, which lessens our ugly OOC performance. If OU, Siena, and Canisius can play halfway decent down the stretch, they would all be/remain Q3 losses.

So in that scenario, we have three Q3 losses and 0 Q4s. Right now we are 1-2 vs. Q1 and 1-1 vs. the Q2. Not that impressive and while Hofstra is a solid team, there’s no chance of them becoming a Q2 unless they run the table.

So with the remaining schedule we have: Richmond (Q2), Saint Louis (Q1 – almost), A10 quarterfinal (Q2) + A10 (Q1) and then lose to Dayton in the title game.

If we win all those games, we would have a Q1 record of 3-3, and Q2 3-3…Would 6-6 vs. Q1/Q2 be enough if VCU and other bubbles fall off?

I think not.

Realistically it's impossible.

Theoretically it's still almost impossible. You would need Mason to move up 21+ net spots to get the road game into Q2. Duquesne would need to be top 75 even with a loss to Bona so that the road win is Q1 and home Q2. Vermont up 6+, Buffalo up 11+, and Ohio 23+ spots up to each move up a quadrant. Have home Richmond be Q2 and @St. Louis be Q1. Pick up a Q2 and then Q1 in the A-10 tourney. On top of all that, Bona would have to start blowing teams out to get the efficiency ratings up. URI going back into Q1 would help.

If you're sitting with Rutgers, @Duquesne, @STL, and A-10 semi as Q1 wins and home Duquesne, @Mason, Richmond, and A-10 QF as Q2 wins against 3 Q3 losses I think that's a probably a tourney team so long as the NET is decent.

All those teams moving up/staying in their quadrants (especially with Richmond/St. Louis/Duquesne taking Ls to Bona) would probably require custom results, Dayton giving a couple back, and the bottom teams getting blown out nightly.

So even if you get to choose the results yourself it's tough to get there. That said, while the BW is a trash heap, I've got no problem with anyone that wants to go full Pepe Silvia. It's half the fun of being a fan this time of year.

All that could happen and then an 18-15 Minnesota team will get in before us

As much as I'd love to go back to the days of at-large resume debating, you know damn well they'd change the rules and put a below .500 UNC team in over us.

Winning the tournament is the only way in for us. We might get an NIT bid, but that is so hard with all the regular-season conference winners who don't win their conference tourney. You just can't lose to Canisius, Siena, and Ohio U and hope to make it.

Winning the tournament is the only way in for us. We might get an NIT bid, but that is so hard with all the regular-season conference winners who don't win their conference tourney. You just can't lose to Canisius, Siena, and Ohio U and hope to make it.

One would hope next year, with a healthy and now junior heavy team, we don’t lay a turd against those 3 or Niagara.

Back