The Bannedwagon Thread

Answer the question. Is there a Division 4?

To his credit, bjif fell on his sword without apparent rancor.

Holy shit, has anyone been reading what is going on over there?

I checked things out over there for the first time in a while, and it is totally asinine.

Thank goodness they banned Lester (for the exact thing multiple others have since done), SBUnfurled, and BonaCommenter! Then again, it wouldn’t be as fun if most weren’t drooling, trilobite-brained dick heads over there.

To me it's nothing. Never should have been public and I think woj made a mistake although that senator was pretty clearly trolling. The holier than thou dickheads over there act like he shot the guys dog.

If you don't want it public, you don't put it on twitter. How many gazillion followers does Woj have? And, yes, that Senator was trolling and had Woj taken a deep breath, he would have realized that and probably kept his powder dry.

He operates in a different world than we do here, saying pretty much whatever we want to a miniscule audience, the vast majority of us under the partial protection of pseudonyms.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the senator made it public?

Senator made it public, yes. But these days, why put something out there that is electronically stamped forever, that someone can use like that?

I agree though that it should be nothing, and a quick forgive and forget, however those aren't the times we're in today. And Woj's profession bears a lot of responsibility for that.

As BI said, yes, the Senator gleefully made it public. My point is that it more or less became public as soon as Woj hit post -- and Woj should have known that, and I suspect that he did.

Look, I don't have a particular problem with what Woj did, it's just one more small example of the coarsening of public discourse and his target probably deserved it, but I'm not going to cry over the fact he's been suspended.

I'm completely throwing in the towel on the bannedwagon and have banned myself from the site. Guess I am A10talk exclusive from here on out.

Its sad because there is some great historical content over there and a lot of history but it isn't worth dealing with a situation where people cant moderate themselves and the moderators wont actively moderate.

I'm on a lot of different forums and most of them have rules posted/stickied about civility. I asked the bannedwagon mods to do the same about 6 months ago when the "civil war" broke out and was told that would not be happening they would rather dole out justice/allow free speech/posting as they saw fit.

Unfortunately the current situation over there is the direct result of lack of moderation and letting things get out of hand for the last 18 months. Firstdev started the slide and others have picked up where he left off gaining momentum until it has become completely out of control.

Now who do we talk to about the spam threads cluttering up this board?

Jive, which threads are you seeing that are spam? I deleted a few random spam ones that popped up a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen any since.

Also, if anyone would like to help moderate, feel free to message me. And any input into how to make this board better is welcome here. I am considering moving many threads to off-topic to keep this place nice and organized, but also don't want them overlooked and less active if moved.

Jive, which threads are you seeing that are spam? I deleted a few random spam ones that popped up a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen any since.

Also, if anyone would like to help moderate, feel free to message me. And any input into how to make this board better is welcome here. I am considering moving many threads to off-topic to keep this place nice and organized, but also don't want them overlooked and less active if moved.
I do see where the spam in the Bonaventure specific thread has been removed, so thanks for that. There are similar spam threads on all the other team forums. There is probably a way to prevent those rather than delete them afterwards, like a 24 hour timeout between creating an account and posting.

I'm not sure we really need the off topic thread as long as we don't get in the habit of creating multiple threads for the same topic or player.

Holy fuck. Look at this thread now alive on the bannedwagon for SIXTEEN HOURS

1594748117205.png

Back