Starting A10 Play

Rhody is a wild card. Richmond seems to be the 3rd best team in the league. They still have a chance, albeit small, To play their way to an at large.

I agree with unfurled in that being our best opportunity to beat them. Being on the heels of 2 road losses (sorry) it’ll probably make our boys hungry, too.

Stop being such a pussy.

OMG language!!!

If we can knock off Mason on Wednesday, that will really set us up nicely with Fordham/Mass in WNY. Our road schedule outside of the brutal VCU/Dayton stretch in a couple of weeks is actually pretty nice. Duquesne is probably our 3rd toughest road game and hopefully we get plenty of people traveling south. St. Louis is fourth in the last game of the season, that will be a big test for Osun down low. Mason on Wednesday is pretty much a toss-up and I think we have the defense to really frustrate that terrible offense. We also got to avoid the road landmines of La Salle/St. Joe's/Fordham.

The Rhody game should provide a really strong home court advantage for us. A 4:00 Saturday tip, and the first game in front of the students in what already seems like months.

Plus against a Rhody team that hasn’t been playing well makes me think that’s a win you wouldn’t predict 2 weeks ago.

Rhody is a wild card. Richmond seems to be the 3rd best team in the league. They still have a chance, albeit small, To play their way to an at large.

I agree with unfurled in that being our best opportunity to beat them. Being on the heels of 2 road losses (sorry) it’ll probably make our boys hungry, too.

Small... but not tiny. Q1 win over Wisco, and I think Radford wins the Big South, becomes an NCAAT team, and is only a Q2 loss. Wishful thinking though, and not much room for error.

We've gotten through the toughest part of the 4-game opening stretch with two road wins. If we can get by Fordham and UMass at home/the ROC without fucking up, we'll be 4-0 and heading to the Commies. Interestingly enough, VCU plays at Dayton next Tuesday before hosting us on Saturday.

This is why that 4-0 start was so crucial. We're looking at 4-2 in the face. I basically think the season breaks up into 5 different acts.

@GW, @Mason, Fordham, UMass - Pile up the early wins. (4-0)
@VCU, @Dayton - lol we're screwed (0-2)
Rhody, @Fordham, Mason, GW - Separate ourselves from the bottom half. (3-1)
@Duquesne, @St. Joe's, Davidson, Richmond, Duquesne - Win some big tiebreakers. (3-2)
@La Salle, St. Joe's, @St. Louis - Lock up a double bye. (2-1)

If we can do that, we'll be 12-6. That's usually good enough for a double bye (it was last year).

The Rhode Island game will be a huge, assuming we lose at Dayton. Win that and we hold a tie breaker over a team we will fight with the whole way. I wouldnt be surprised if that game is the difference between 4th and 5th or 6th.

Back