SBUnfurled and Friends Podcast

Yeah, SUNY-Amherst got canceled, but most of the pod still holds up!

First episode of 2021! We start off with a parody of the new Disney movie Soul before addressing the elephant that's always in the room. Will Mark Schmidt finally go to BC? (He won't) Then, we talk about beating Richmond and what the next matchup on the 20th will look like with Noah Goldberg from the Spider Scoop podcast. We also preview the St. Joe's and GW games that should hopefully be blowouts, as well as which A10 players would choose to wear #69 if they could.

You guys mentioned Boca Bobby so I got curious. He is actually doing pretty well at Fort Wayne

Also, Chase Johnson would totally wear #69 if he didnt just leave Dayton

You guys mentioned Boca Bobby so I got curious. He is actually doing pretty well at Fort Wayne

Also, Chase Johnson would totally wear #69 if he didnt just leave Dayton

Damn it! Chase Johnson is a great answer to that question, Unfurled caught me off guard with it so I offered nothing 😂

We got a fun one for you this week! After the ParlerWagon fails to restart the civil war, we break down the St. Joe's win and confront a GW super fan about their 48-hour "quarantine." Then, we get you ready for Fordham (ugh) and Duquesne. Finally, this one is for the 90s kids, but since the NFL showed its first game on Nickelodeon, we talk about what an A10 game on Nick would look like.

Also, we got a new feature for you to leave us voice messages! You can talk about the Bonnies or just anything random! The more random the better!

Click here to leave one: https://anchor.fm/sbunfurled-and-friends/message

You thought we were gonna take a full week off? Think again!

Here's what's on our VCU instant reaction pod:
  • fake Mark Schmidt vs. a reviled VCU fan
  • we read all of our freezing cold takes from halftime
  • how we beat VCU and if we are seeing a new Iron Five
  • we make a commercial to get A10s to Bonaventure
  • how we can win the second game of the F'Real cup against Duquesne
Check Soundcloud or whatever podcast listening gizmo you use!

Come celebrate our 21st with some shots of Pepto-Bismol courtesy of Dick Vitale!

dick vitale pepto.png

We talk about that ugly win "at" Duquesne, the Schmidty Awards, what we need to see out of our bench and we get you ready for George Mason!

The one year anniversary episode is a jam-packed one! We got a couple real celebrity cameos, depending on how you define the word "celebrity." We also break down destroying George Mason, introduce the Schmidty Awards and have a cocky SLU fan on to break down the massive Bonnies-Billikens game.

Click here to vote on the first three Schmidty Awards!

The one year anniversary episode is a jam-packed one! We got a couple real celebrity cameos, depending on how you define the word "celebrity." We also break down destroying George Mason, introduce the Schmidty Awards and have a cocky SLU fan on to break down the massive Bonnies-Billikens game.

Click here to vote on the first three Schmidty Awards!

The usual outstanding episode until that nit wit Billiken fan came on to analyze the Bonnies game and had no idea who Jaren Holmes was. He didn't know who Jaren English was either. He should have since Jaren was the only Bonnie who showed up in last years game. He'll get to know him better this Saturday I'm sure. I think Rick Majerus would have been a better guest, even in his current state.

I actually enjoyed the talk with the dipshit from SLU. What would sports be without these types, of which we have no shortage? That was intriguing info he shared about whispers of SLU players doing pick-ups with Mizzou. That's an interesting attitude on containing the spread. Anyway, the LaSalle defeat indicates their timing and shooting are still suffering, though Kenpom has the Bonnies as 2-point underdogs.

If you don't know about the new La Salle podcast and its accompanying incredible Twitter account, you are in for a treat today! The Gola Standard joins us to talk about clock malfunctions, Gritty and Sheetz. We also go over the SLU loss, prep you for VCU on Friday and the final round of the Schmidty Awards.

Well, it wasn't pretty down the stretch, but the Good Guys pulled it out at the house that Steph Curry built. We got some nonsense with the One Dayton News Network at first, but then we get into how we beat Davidson twice (!!) in four days. Then, let's talk about these GW and Dayton games coming in the next few days. Yeah, they aren't gonna wow the committee, but we need them to lock in the regular season championship.

Also, hear a limited fake Hannibal Lecter impression!

https://www.sbunfurled.com/post/sbunfurled-and-friends-episode-25-the-davidson-double

Please listen to the first 14 minutes of today's podcast. You will not be disappointed.

Please listen to the first 14 minutes of today's podcast. You will not be disappointed.

Outstanding.

We had DOBO Matt Pappano on to talk about the highs and lows of last season, as well as this coming season's schedule and much more. Reading between the lines, our non-league slate is set.

Back