SBUnfurled and Friends Podcast

Hey, I just noticed that I've got a Well-known member. Finally, a website that appreciates me.
If expertise in 8-ball is the sign of a wasted youth, what could being a well-known member of the Bona Forum signify?

I know Dayton has the #1 team and possibly the #1 A10 podcast, but Unfurled and I are making an ambitious attempt to knock off the top seed both ways this week. We have two episodes out today and tomorrow, talking to fans of almost every single A10 school. None from Fordham, St. Joe's and VCU (we had a non-chode Rams fan lined up, but it fell through at the last minute), but we even scoured the dark web to find a La Salle and GW representative.

Also, @WestEndStench joined us along for the ride! We also got some details about our official pregame spot inside the Barclays.

I'm shooting to have two hour-long episodes. Part 1 clocked in riiiiiiight at 59:59, we'll see about part 2 because there is some hilarious shit in that one too. Either way, it's geared to be an entertaining-ass listen as we all drive/train/fly/snowmobile our way to Brooklyn, so definitely check it out as you travel this week!

Last edited:
Part two of SBUnfurled and Friends is up now! Since A10s is going to be business as usual, check it out on your drive/flight/train/whatever to NYC.

We got people to say crazy shit about GW, a cool story from the happier side of last year's A10 championship (Saint Louis), an A10-wide guy talking about VCU/Joe's/Fordham, as well as explaining why we are a dark horse in BK. We found a La Salle fan who also knows Gritty, a UMass Twitter champ who wants a high speed rail between Amherst, MA and Olean, and a Dayton fan who was impressed with us talking to Woj.

Also, Unfurled and I perform our new single based on the coronavirus concerns and a classic Billy Joel song. It's called "Miami 2057 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Flatbush).

Look who's back!

@SBUnfurled and I talked to Matt Pappano, who's the Bonnies director of basketball operations.

Some of the cool shit we talked about:

- how Toronto happened and when we could go back
- the Paradise Jam
- the New Mexico game/Mountain West challenge
- the impact of a 20-game A10 schedule if it happens
- Gannonfest
- new uniforms?
- future transfer rules and Bonaventure impacts
- other scheduling nerd shit we love

Go ahead and listen, we got nothing better to do until the next Korean baseball games!

A lot of good exclusives in this. Must be some really good MTE's on the way. Other than the Cayman's we really have struck out on those recently.

Also, good to hear that one of our two final games is going to be power conference buy. One thing I noticed is that he was quick to call refer to it as p6 instead of p5. Grasping a little but that indicated to me that the opponent could be an AAC member.

Last edited:
A lot of good exclusives in this. Must be some really good MTE's on the way. Other than the Cayman's we really have struck out on those recently.

Also, good to hear that one of our two final games is going to be power conference buy. One thing I noticed is that he was quick to call refer to it as p6 instead of p5. Grasping a little but that indicated to me that the opponent could be an ACC member.
I assume you mean "AAC" as the ACC is safely within the P5. Still, it doesn't say AAC to me but rather the BE.

150 Bona players and 12 historic (for the most part) teams have been created to do battle in an SBU-exclusive simulation. We're just passing a long off season and having some fun/sparking conversation. It starts Monday, but the Selection Show starts at 8 tonight here:

Lester: we fought a Civil War for you, so no bitching about "video fun toys". Go back to a southern buffet.

We still don't officially know any of our schedule, but we are BACK for season 2 of @SBUnfurled and Friends! We talk to Joe Lunardi about the 2016 snub bullshit, fake Jon Rothstein is trapped in a haunted house and find out how the depth chart could look this season.

Feel free to let us know what you want to hear more of this season, whenever the hell we have a season...

Back