SBUnfurled and Friends Podcast

BonaCommenter

Hey everyone,

In case you don't have Twitter and haven't seen, @SBUnfurled and I have launched a podcast, because that's really what the world needed was another fucking podcast. Anyways, the second episode came out yesterday evening and it's available on most streaming shit.

SBU and Friends Episode 2: Stone Cold Beer Hat Man

Not really starting this just to promote it, but really to crowdsource ideas on what you all would like to see. Clearly, from a weird-ass Cheers parody, we're trying to do different stuff beyond "what's the key to beating Duquesne?" Uh, no shit, it's Osun playing well and someone hitting 3s. We had someone infiltrate the airwaves as a pretend B*ndw*gon caller, since someone over there actually showed some concern about the coronavirus when Drew came back for the GW game.

If you all got ideas on what stupid stuff we could do, how we could make it better, what other stuff you want to hear, please let me know! I'm not doing this crap for money, doing it because it's fun.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

In case you don't have Twitter and haven't seen, @SBUnfurled and I have launched a podcast, because that's really what the world needed was another fucking podcast. Anyways, the second episode came out yesterday evening and it's available on most streaming shit.

SBU and Friends Episode 2: Stone Cold Beer Hat Man

Not really starting this just to promote it, but really to crowdsource ideas on what you all would like to see. Clearly, from a weird-ass Cheers parody, we're trying to do different stuff beyond "what's the key to beating Duquesne?" Uh, no shit, it's Osun playing well and someone hitting 3s. We had someone infiltrate the airwaves as a pretend B*ndw*gon caller, since someone over there actually showed some concern about the coronavirus when Drew came back for the GW game.

If you all got ideas on what stupid stuff we could do, how we could make it better, what other stuff you want to hear, please let me know! I'm not doing this crap for money, doing it because it's fun.

The Bevelators have consistently voted for Corky from "Life Goes On" as the world's all-time worst 'tard......

1581271645456.png
Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
We had Woj on to talk Bona-related stuff, and also jabbed at the VCU Peppas, Fire Mooney Mafia, Jon Rothstein, and Unfinished Dreams. Before Bill responds by saying anything and everything after 1993 sucks, there's also a ton of 80's hits/references throughout for that grump:

59 minutes??

They are long but they mix it up with analysis, interviews and gags. Bonacommenter’s cold opens are amazing. Listen to his dambrot interview from week 2.

You don't have to listen to it all at once. It breaks up into roughly 5-7 minute segments. The post on SBUnfurled breaks down what topics are at which time: https://www.sbunfurled.com/post/sbunfurled-and-friends-episode-4-80s-weekend-with-woj

We're shooting for 40-45 minutes on them. I probably could have cut the Martucci interview shorter, but I honestly don't know what I could have cut from Woj (he's only like 20-25 minutes of it all). We thought about releasing the Woj interview in two parts, but we figured go big or go home for 80s Weekend.

Woj is a great get. I know this forum has a heavy sarcasm (smarm?) factor, but all jokes aside, it’s seriously awesome that he was on the cast, and so soon into it too.

Says a lot about how great he is as an ambassador for the University, but also says a lot about the work You guys are putting in. Definitely thankful to have the resources you guys have given us via unfurled - including, indirectly anyway, this forum!

Back