Saint Louis 2019-2020 Season

adaisey

Saint Louis trail Boston College 26-24 at halftime. Hasahn French got in early foul trouble for the Billikens, picking up 2 early. He has 0 points and 3 boards at the break.

Jordan Goodwin is having an impressive day. Currently 18 points and 13 rebounds. Billikens up 15 with 8:30 left.

How about Jordan Goodwin tonight? It feels like if French isn't going, Jordan Goodwin picks up the slack, and vice versa. Saint Louis leads Boston College 48-35 in the 2nd half, and the lead keeps growig.

Really didn't expect Saint Louis to dominate like it's done this afternoon. Pretty interesting non-conference schedule coming up. Obviously the big one is that Auburn game, but Kansas St. is going to be beatable too. I think the Billikens could roll into A-10 play with just 2 or 3 losses, and that would be huge.

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 2.51.21 PM.png

Hasahn French and Jordan Goodwin are tied for 19th in the country in rebounding with 10.4 per game. At 6-3, Goodwin is the shortest player in the top 50.

Hasahn French and Jordan Goodwin are tied for 19th in the country in rebounding with 10.4 per game. At 6-3, Goodwin is the shortest player in the top 50.

That's incredible. Never count out the Billikens on the glass -- they play a lot bigger than they're listed in terms of height. I think Javonte Perkins stepping up as one of SLU's main scorers has been and will continue to be key. If SLU can have 3 or 4 guys that could score 15+ on any given night, they'll continue to be good.

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 10.06.44 AM.png
Important game today for the Billikens against a Tulane team that's been surprisingly decent. Tulane has been pretty awful on the boards, so that's where SLU should look to take advantage this afternoon. If Hasahn French and Jordan Goodwin continue to give this team extra chances on the offensive end, they will win this game. I don't want to look past Tulane, because SLU is only a 5.5 point favorite, but that Auburn game looms in the distance, and the Billikens will have 6 days to prepare for their biggest game of the non-conference season. Would love to head down there as a 1 loss team.

Billikens hit a school record 17 three's in dismantling Tulane today. 17 of 28 is a solid 60.7%. And many of these were from behind the NBA three point line. It was somewhat confusing as the inner line was the NCAA line, and the outer line the NBA. Normally the inner is women's and the outer men's.

Billikens hit a school record 17 three's in dismantling Tulane today. 17 of 28 is a solid 60.7%. And many of these were from behind the NBA three point line. It was somewhat confusing as the inner line was the NCAA line, and the outer line the NBA. Normally the inner is women's and the outer men's.

That was weird to see... the part between the NBA three point line and the college line was a different shade as well. SLU and Dayton both scorched the nets down in AZ. Would be fun to see SLU continue to shoot that well. Gibson Jimerson has nice touch.

This SLU-Auburn game has been damn frustrating to watch, but I guess that's what you get when you have 2 physical teams going at it, and neither shoots the ball very well (especially from the free throw line). Billikens trail by 9 despite having ample opportunities to put points on the board.

The win against UMass was the 400th of head coach Travis Ford's career. He is one of 15 active Division I coaches who have amassed 400 or more career wins in 23 or fewer seasons as a head coach.

Back