Saint Joseph's 2019-20 Season Thread

Big contest today against Florida in the Charleston Classic. Hawks and the Atlantic 10 looking for a big upset win. Florida has been surprisingly not great this year, and for a top 25 team, I do think the Gators are beatable. This game should come down to whether or not Saint Joseph's stays hot from long range. Ryan Daly and Lorenzo Edwards need to be on fire from three point range. We know the Hawks have struggled defensively, and I think this UF team will make them pay in the paint. Get hot from the outside, don't turn the ball over, and see if you can build an early lead, just like the UConn game.

I'm excited for this one. I think Saint Joseph's have a real shot today. Let's keep taking down the SEC!

Here is the KenPom prediction for today's matchup between the Hawks & Gators Saint Josephs.PNG

Here is the KenPom prediction for today's matchup between the Hawks & Gators View attachment 6

Seems Kenpom and the actual spread always tend to be pretty close. I think this game could be extremely close (SJU comes out scorching hot), or it's never a game. I remember when the Hawks came out in Myrtle Beach this time last season and smoked Wake Forest thanks to Taylor Funk's unconscious shooting from downtown. I hope today is a similar narrative.

Very curious how SJU comes out today. They've shown they can hang with or lose to anyone. Florida has also been quite inconsistent too. Interesting matchup for sure.

This game has my heart going... SJU just toying with this 5 point deficit. 2 big shots away from pulling off an upset. Need a few enormous possessions and subsequent stops here in the final minutes.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 2.25.30 PM.png

Here's today's matchup. I don't like the 3 point shooting differential: St. Francis PA has been hot from behind the arc, and SJU's defense has been pretty bad.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 11.47.05 AM.png

Would be nice to snap a 7 game losing streak today, but I'm not too sure that's going to happen...

Back