Richmond vs Vanderbilt 11/14

adaisey

Good afternoon Richmond & A-10 fans! This is an open thread starting now for the UofR vs Vandy game tomorrow night. Give me your predictions!

Thursday, November 14
7:00 PM EST
NBCSW/ESPN+

Richmond Spiders (1-0)

Vanderbilt Commodores (2-0)

Predictions:
Me: Richmond 83 Vanderbilt 75
ESPN Basketball Power Index: Richmond 77.3% chance to win

Share your predictions!

Richmond should be the favorite at home, no? I see Vandy at 155 in Kenpom and UR is 98. That leads to a predicted 76-68 win for the Spiders at home. KP predictions not always accurate this time of year, but they're generally a good benchmark, so I think a 5 or 6 point win may be the expectation.

I thought I heard Grant Golden is 50/50 for this game? If so, that would sting. No one off the Spiders' bench played more than 20 minutes against St. Francis PA, and that was with the extra session. I'm still very excited to see what Richmond has in store this season. This is a good test for a team that's got an incredibly solid starting 5, and coming away with a double digit win at home would be a very promising result. We shall see!

Richmond should be the favorite at home, no? I see Vandy at 155 in Kenpom and UR is 98. That leads to a predicted 76-68 win for the Spiders at home. KP predictions not always accurate this time of year, but they're generally a good benchmark, so I think a 5 or 6 point win may be the expectation.

I thought I heard Grant Golden is 50/50 for this game? If so, that would sting. No one off the Spiders' bench played more than 20 minutes against St. Francis PA, and that was with the extra session. I'm still very excited to see what Richmond has in store this season. This is a good test for a team that's got an incredibly solid starting 5, and coming away with a double digit win at home would be a very promising result. We shall see!
Per an unnamed source close to the school, Grant Golden will be a gametime decision tomorrow night due to his ankle injury he suffered last friday night. I agree, this is a very good test for the Spiders not only for the team, but to get the fans engaged again. Even though Vanderbilt is down, beating an SEC school always gets noticed. Very excited to be at the Robins Center tomorrow night!

Per an unnamed source close to the school, Grant Golden will be a gametime decision tomorrow night due to his ankle injury he suffered last friday night. I agree, this is a very good test for the Spiders not only for the team, but to get the fans engaged again. Even though Vanderbilt is down, beating an SEC school always gets noticed. Very excited to be at the Robins Center tomorrow night!

Awesome game you'll get to be at -- that should be fun. If Richmond can survive Vandy, that opens up to 2 relatively easy non-conference games at home followed by a great neutral site test against Wisconsin in Brooklyn. Would love to see a 4-0 Richmond team square off against the Badgers.

Awesome game you'll get to be at -- that should be fun. If Richmond can survive Vandy, that opens up to 2 relatively easy non-conference games at home followed by a great neutral site test against Wisconsin in Brooklyn. Would love to see a 4-0 Richmond team square off against the Badgers.
After Vandy, we have Cal State Northridge on Sunday at home followed by another home game vs McNeese State next Friday. I can very easily see us being 4-0 ahead of the Wisconsin matchup (y)

Any Grant Golden update? Assuming he's a game time decision, we probably won't know closer to tip off. Need him in the lineup for this one if possible.

Any Grant Golden update? Assuming he's a game time decision, we probably won't know closer to tip off. Need him in the lineup for this one if possible.
He is still listed as a gametime decision. We definitely need him tonight if possible

Live from the Robins Center. Looks like Golden is going to play tonight.

Wow! We will take it... Two wins for Richmond in overtime by a combined 3 points, but 2-0 to start the season is much better than 0-2. Richmond going to need to find some bench production moving forward. Can't get all your points from the 5 guys in the starting lineup. Props to Gustavson's game-winning free throw though.

Also, how about that stat line from Jacob Gilyard? 26 points and 7 steals. Few guys in the league that give so much to their team on both ends of the floor. Also really liking Blake Francis from what I've seen so far this season. He was a great get by Mooney.

That was one of the best college basketball games I’ve ever personally attended. You could’ve heard a pen drop when Francis went down too. If we’ve learned one thing from this team so far, it’s that they aren’t going to be easy on the fans lol

UR basketball board on spidernation.com is an absolute mess right now if you'd enjoy some late night laughter.

Back