Richmond vs Hampton 12/3

adaisey

Richmond (6-1) @ Hampton (3-4)
7:00 PM
ESPN+
ESPN Basketball Power Index: Richmond 84.1% chance of winning
Kenpom: Richmond (78th) - Hampton (273rd)
Kenpom Score Prediction: Richmond 80-Hampton 71
Hampton.PNG

Interesting stat I found while checking out some things. Hampton's Jermaine Marrow is 2nd in the nation in amount of minutes played per game. Marrow plays 98.1% of Hampton's minutes and he only trails Kyle Lofton of St. Bonaventure who is at 98.2%. Jermaine Marrow.PNG

Marrow broke his thumb against Illinois and played two more games before they discovered the fracture this weekend. He's now out for 3-4 weeks.

He dropped 38 on us in last year's embarrassment.

Marrow broke his thumb against Illinois and played two more games before they discovered the fracture this weekend. He's now out for 3-4 weeks.

He dropped 38 on us in last year's embarrassment.
Thank you for pointing that out! I hadn't even seen that

Hampton haven't defeated a D1 team yet. Without their best player, they are in trouble vs Richmond.

I watched Hampton play on the road against my non-A10 rooting interest, the Illinois Fighting Illini, and they put up a 50-piece against the Pirates. I think Richmond should be able to roll through Hampton, even if Grant Golden can't play.

Even more embarrassing is why Richmond even scheduled this as a home-and-home... lol
That was actually a question in the presser on Saturday. Hampton is without their best player so this could get ugly.

Updated Kenpom rankings:
Richmond: 77th (up 1)
Hampton: 273rd (same)

Grant Golden and Nathan Cayo are both out for Richmond tonight

Sloppy start for Richmond. Up 13-12 thanks to four 3-pointers. 11:27 left in the first half.

Jacob Gilyard becomes the 48th Spider to record 1,000 career points.

Back