Richmond vs CSU Northridge 11/17

adaisey

Open thread for Richmond vs CSU Northridge! What are your predictions?

Really hoping for a big win after needing overtime to escape the first 2 opponents... I thought this was the team that beat Nebraska, but I was wrong; Cal St. Northridge is 0-3. Was really big to get to 2-0 last night beating Vandy, because these next 2 games *knock on wood* should be real easy wins for UR.

Just did some research on the Matadors. They've lost to Oregon State, New Mexico, & Pepperdine so far, so they've faced some decent opponents. They're shooting 43% from the field and 39.7% from 3pt range. The key stat that stuck out ot me was that they are averaging 15.7 TO per game compared to Richmond's 9.5. If Richmond can't get the offense clicking, hopefully they can rely on some quick transition buckets off of a CSU Northridge turnover.

Just did some research on the Matadors. They've lost to Oregon State, New Mexico, & Pepperdine so far, so they've faced some decent opponents. They're shooting 43% from the field and 39.7% from 3pt range. The key stat that stuck out ot me was that they are averaging 15.7 TO per game compared to Richmond's 9.5. If Richmond can't get the offense clicking, hopefully they can rely on some quick transition buckets off of a CSU Northridge turnover.

Richmond averaging less than 10 turnovers per game is actually really solid, especially with a guard-centric lineup and two games that have had an extra 5 minutes of play. Spiders should be able to capitalize on 15.7 CSU turnovers per game, especially with the pick-pocketer Jacob Gilyard. Kid can steal it...

Wow, CSUN is down 66-38 at the half against Auburn. I think Richmond will be fine... hopefully...

Richmond dominated today. Excited to see what they do this coming up Friday vs McNeese State (hoping for a repeat performance).

Postgame recap coming out tomorrow morning at 6:00

Good to see Richmond blow the competition out of the water tonight. I know it's only CSUN, but much-improved compared to the first 2 contests. Really excited to see if this Spiders team can play Wisconsin close at the Barclays Center.

Good to see Richmond blow the competition out of the water tonight. I know it's only CSUN, but much-improved compared to the first 2 contests. Really excited to see if this Spiders team can play Wisconsin close at the Barclays Center.
One more "tuneup" game vs McNeese State on Friday. Hoping this will be another confidence booster. If the Spiders can keep hitting 3's, I like their chances against a defensive minded Wisconsin team.

Back