Richmond vs Auburn 11/26

Rebounding is the nightmare stat in the pictures above. Richmond is 269th on the offensive glass and 221st on the defensive glass while Auburn is almost top 100 in both. Austin Wiley is a big dude, and the Spiders need to keep Grant Golden in the game for as long as he can play. I was impressed with Tyler Burton on a few rebounds yesterday -- the freshman can really get up in there and pull them down.

Rebounding is the nightmare stat in the pictures above. Richmond is 269th on the offensive glass and 221st on the defensive glass while Auburn is almost top 100 in both. Austin Wiley is a big dude, and the Spiders need to keep Grant Golden in the game for as long as he can play. I was impressed with Tyler Burton on a few rebounds yesterday -- the freshman can really get up in there and pull them down.
Grant Golden proved not only to the fans, but also to himself to what he is capable of doing. Another performance like that could go a long way in deciding tonight's outcome. Tyler Burton is super athletic and is an impressive rebounder. He will need to be good off the bench, and Nathan Cayo needs to have more of an impact tonight as well.

Grant Golden proved not only to the fans, but also to himself to what he is capable of doing. Another performance like that could go a long way in deciding tonight's outcome. Tyler Burton is super athletic and is an impressive rebounder. He will need to be good off the bench, and Nathan Cayo needs to have more of an impact tonight as well.

I know he wasn't the star of the show, but I was impressed with Nathan Cayo's ability to get inside and get some easy buckets around the hoop. I like that he can drive, plant himself 3 or 4 feet away from the basket, and float one up and in over the taller Wisconsin defenders. I also think UR's bench provided some good minutes last night. Souleymane Koureissi had some great minutes on defense and had the put-back bucket that sealed the deal for the Spiders.

Grant Golden has 6 points early on. I really really like our chances of winning this game tonight.

Didn't get to catch the game, but the 1st half looked very promising, as Richmond stayed with Auburn despite going cold from three. What happened in the 2nd half? Looked like a lot of offensive rebounds for Auburn. I'm guessing the Tigers' physicality just became too much to handle.

Auburn's length and offensive rebounds just became to much for the spiders in the second half. Nothing to hang their heads about though. Just get better from it. I do believe though Auburn's length and taller guards are the reason why the spiders shot so poor from the 3 point line. They are going to have to figure out a way to get better looks because most of the season they are going to be the smaller guards.

Auburn was just more athletic and long. It was super difficult to find any good looks from the perimeter due to their length. Like Spidersfan1 just said, the Spiders will need to figure out how to play inside when the 3 isn't there or isn't falling. Really curious about Grant Golden's status for Saturday vs Boston College.

Auburn was just more athletic and long. It was super difficult to find any good looks from the perimeter due to their length. Like Spidersfan1 just said, the Spiders will need to figure out how to play inside when the 3 isn't there or isn't falling. Really curious about Grant Golden's status for Saturday vs Boston College.

Watching Saint Louis dismantle this Boston College team on the road makes me think Richmond won't worry about BC... with or without Golden.

Back