Rhode Island Transfer Question

Taj79

The Mitchell twins left Maryland at semester break. They shopped around until announcing in late February/early March that they were going to go to Rhode Island. Where were they enrolled from December to March? As I understand it, transfers need to sit one year at their transfer school BEFORE becoming eligible to play. Has that changed? Did the twins enroll in Kingston in January and still shop their talents around until signing in February/March. Why do I ask? Because Adam Zagoria writes that they twins are "eligible in December." What am I missing?

In that same article, Zagoria talks about Syracuse transfer Jalen Carey and his transfer to Rhodey. Doesn't he have to sit a year? He talks about getting a waiver to be immediately eligible. Why? What qualifies him for that? He's from Harlem so he ain't going home. And Carey says the coaching staff at Rhodey talked to him and want him to "come in and play with Fatts." That means, to me, the coaching staff recruited a kid already enrolled and playing at another D1 school. Isn't that tampering? Unethical? Cheating? And if he does sit a year, no way he is playing with senior Fatts Russell. Ever.

Ready and willing to be set straight.

WOW! This is obviously not the place to come for pertinent information.

Back