Recent events

RamHoops

Hearing they are scheduling games at Barclay's center for the upcoming season.. Also hearing the staff is coming together with the hiring of Keith Urgo, a ten year assistant at PSU. A PSU fan blog said this about Urgo: "Urgo, rumored to be in the mix for last year’s interim position, was a key recruiter for the Nittany Lions. The Washington D.C. native was part of the coaching staff that ESPN ranked #7 in the nation among high major programs for their ability to develop talent."

I like the Urgo hire but I would also like to get someone with previous head coaching experience. Also someone with New York ties would be great. Playing at Barclays and the Garden for a few games a year isn’t bad. But it seams pretty obvious that there’s no plan for an on campus arena upgrade.

I haven't heard anything about on-campus upgrades or new builds. The staff is just forming, he probably has another 2-3 to go. So far he has landed the one transfer and one JUCO. He also has made four offers to HS players. Not bad for 3 weeks. I hope to land some more talent out of the transfer portal. I think playing at Barclay's and MSG are important recruiting tools to use. Hopefully, we have a good showing when there!

Back