One good, one bad stat for all 14 Atlantic 10 teams

glabedz

Davidson
Good: Davidson is 80.6% from the free throw line as a team. That’s good enough for 19th in the nation. The Wildcats were 20/23 from the charity stripe in their opening loss to Auburn and kept it close for most of the game even with Kellan Grady and Jon Axel Gudmundsson struggling.
Bad: Davidson is allowing teams to shoot 54.8% from two point range; that’s not good, especially against a team like Charlotte that shot 55.0% from inside the three point line.
Dayton
Good: Dayton is the best team in the nation right now from 2 point range, shooting 71.4% on its attempts. Obviously Obi Toppin’s high percentage shots are playing a big role. The sophomore is 18/23 on his field goal attempts through 2 games. Obviously the competition is still lacking.
Bad: Defending the perimeter has not been Dayton’s strong suit through its first 2 days. The Flyers are allowing teams to shoot 41.9% from range which ranks 331st currently.
Duquesne
Good: Defense has...

Continue reading...

It'll be very interesting to see how these shooting percentage stats play out as more games happen. Obviously the first 2-4 games of the year can allow them to swing pretty wildly, but for the teams that are currently ranking towards the tops in the nation in something (FT for Davidson is especially good since the level of competition technically should affect FT shooting %) I'm certainly hoping they keep it up...outside of when they play UMass.

I know the competition hasn't been quite there for UMass yet (UVA incoming...), but the turnover rate is the one I was hoping you'd emphasize. That's a very different brand of basketball than what we've been used to for a little while here. Taking care of the ball...seems like it's so simple, but man can it be difficult to get that.

I'm really excited to see how much Obi can do this year though, and what he's able to do overall for the team statistics there throughout the year.

Back