If you had to pick an A-10 National Champion....

adaisey

If you could pick one team from the A10 to win the national championship, who would it be, and why?

If you could pick one team from the A10 to win the national championship, who would it be, and why?
Well I think Final Four would be a more realistic scenario, though still far fetched... when I talk to the VCU players about goals for the season it's always making the Final Four, rather than winning a national championship.

I honestly think this year's VCU team is capable, but there's a lot of work to do to get to that point.

Yeah it's gotta be VCU with the only legitimate shot at making the Final Four, at least as of right now. I think defensive-minded teams, as well as teams with a lot of seniors, tend to perform well in the Big Dance, so VCU fits the bill in both of those categories. Long season ahead though, haha.

Yeah it's gotta be VCU with the only legitimate shot at making the Final Four, at least as of right now. I think defensive-minded teams, as well as teams with a lot of seniors, tend to perform well in the Big Dance, so VCU fits the bill in both of those categories. Long season ahead though, haha.

Yeah I'm a world-class jinxer and I feel like I just ruined a season...

Yeah I'm a world-class jinxer and I feel like I just ruined a season...

Ha. #21 in the polls with a chance to keep moving up! Don't doubt yourself. I think we learn a lot about VCU when it goes to the PanHandle next week. Purdue is a tough team (Kenpom has them ranked pretty high), and a game against Florida St. or Tennessee is a great opportunity either way. best case scenario is 2-0 against Purdue and then a ranked Tennessee team, and we're talking top 15 VCU.

VCU is the only team of a legit chance. I hope more people chime in on this so we can hear some funny scenarios.

VCU is the only team of a legit chance. I hope more people chime in on this so we can hear some funny scenarios.

I guess the teams now in the A-10 have a nice history of making historic runs in the NCAA Tournament. Think of VCU making the Final Four, George Mason making the Final Four, Davidson and Dayton to the Elite 8, La Salle to the Sweet 16, etc. That's only my recent memory. I'm sure there's more in the past.

Duquesne went to the Final Four in 1940. Made the Elite 8 in 1952 and Sweet 16 in 1969. Dukes also won the NIT (then the bigger tournament) in 1955.

Let's hope for a return trip to the NCAA Tournament in 2020!!

Back