Fordham @ Bonnies

I will be watching and searching for some evidence that the trend has changed. Hope springs eternal in the human heart.

Apparently offering up my hot, tight, creamy, rich, hearty, robust asshole (see avatar) to be violated was exactly the motivation the team and Schmidt needed to win. I'll make the offer permanent.... for the rest of the season.... in the hope that SBU will go undefeated in its remaining games.

Pissah!

Aloha!

I take no solace in pounding Fordham, despite how much better they are 'ostensibly' (buzz word!!) playing this year.

That said, I've thought it for a while- we're a better team when other teams press us. We're forced to play uptempo when breaking the press. We attack the hoop better off the press- whether it's by creating good looks directly off the press, or playing with a better momentum when we do settle into the half court coming off the press.

Cant get too high off beating Fordham but the way they did was nice to see. The players were having fun and looked like the team we are used to seeing. Fordham is not a shitty team, they arent great either but we have played worse games against worse teams (Coppin St, Canisius) so it was nice to see them step on someone's throat. Now what does this mean for the rest of the year? We will find out.

Can't get too high or too low, BUT we still had three starters play 39 minutes in a game that was pretty much over with 10 minutes left.

Schmidt's no dummy. The freshman and other reserves we have must be absolutely atrocious if they are not good enough to get spot minutes in a game that was pretty comfortable for the Bonnies from about the 10 minute mark on.

JNT or JS couldn't get a two or three min run with the other four starters while Adaway or Welch sat? It's so odd especially knowing we have a ton of games coming up on short rest.

Adams can barely get minutes and we know he isnt atrocious. I do find it odd that we have not been able to get those guys in at all though. Last night was a great opportunity but Schmidt has never cared about that. JNT didnt have a Senior year of high school so he could be really rusty. At some point we will find out if these guys on the bench are any good but I dont think that will be this year.

An interesting tidbit is that Adams has the highest effective field goal percentage on the team. I know they are virtually all layups, but he's got an ability to get in position to make them.

Adams can barely get minutes and we know he isnt atrocious. I do find it odd that we have not been able to get those guys in at all though. Last night was a great opportunity but Schmidt has never cared about that. JNT didnt have a Senior year of high school so he could be really rusty. At some point we will find out if these guys on the bench are any good but I dont think that will be this year.
Didn't mean Adams or KC. Was speaking more toward the other guys who never play.

Back