Dayton Flyers: Roster Breakdown and Starting Lineup Prediction

dfrank

Entering his 5th season at the helm of Dayton, Anthony Grant has put together one of the most unique rosters the Flyer fans have ever seen. Dayton’s 2021 recruiting class is its highest rated class in program history, ranking No. 21 in the nation according to 247sports. In addition to edging out dozens of power five teams, the Flyers’ freshmen also boast the highest rated class in the Atlantic 10, surpassing VCU for the first time since 2018. With the talent comes youth, however, as 12 of Dayton’s 13 scholarship players are underclassmen, with 11 players listed as either freshmen or redshirt freshmen. Since the NCAA did not count last year’s covid-ridden season against anyone’s eligibility, the Flyers do not have a single senior on scholarship this year.  Furthermore, following last season, Dayton said goodbye to key veterans Jalen Crutcher (graduation), Ibi Watson (graduation), Rodney Chatman (grad-transfer), and Jordy Tshimanga (graduation). Dwayne Cohill and Luke Frazier also...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good write up. I’m not sure how and who gets bumped but somehow I see Blakney finding his way into the starting lineup.

The most intriguing thing to me is to see who Grant gives the nod at the 2 on opening night a lot of options. I would think Brea over Elvis but no clear option given the raw talent and inexperience that comes with any name you throw out for that spot not just those two. I mean maybe even an argument for Blankney can be made.

Back