Dayton Flyers 2019-20 Season Thread

Ya, I think IF Dayton can go 2-0 this week they will be right on the cusp at 11-12. Like you said, will need help to get to 10.

Interestingly, and we know this won't happen, but Dayton is now favored to win everyone of their remaining games....per KP.

Ya, I think IF Dayton can go 2-0 this week they will be right on the cusp at 11-12. Like you said, will need help to get to 10.

Interestingly, and we know this won't happen, but Dayton is now favored to win everyone of their remaining games....per KP.

1.4% chance of an unbeaten record... not very likely, but winning 14-15 conference games doesn't seem out of the question, even with a very strong league.

It's interesting that UD doesn't have a true road game until @LaSalle on January 2nd. I think the stretch of road games at St. Louis, Richmond, Duquesne in January is where they could stumble.

It's interesting that UD doesn't have a true road game until @LaSalle on January 2nd. I think the stretch of road games at St. Louis, Richmond, Duquesne in January is where they could stumble.

True, but since the league has been better top-to-bottom, none of those 3 would necessarily be bad losses on the road. Plus, UD will be favored in every single on. I think beating Duquesne or Richmond on the road could go down as a Q1 win.

Agreed with potential Q1 wins...The depth of the league should not just help the league get 3 or 4 bids, but should help UD's seeding

I don’t understand the Chase Johnson conspiracy theme that Flyer fans are putting out all over Twitter...what did I miss here that makes people think there’s something bigger going on behind the scenes?

I don’t understand the Chase Johnson conspiracy theme that Flyer fans are putting out all over Twitter...what did I miss here that makes people think there’s something bigger going on behind the scenes?

Yeah I don't like speculating over college kids' absences, and I don't think grown men on Twitter should either... haven't heard anything in particular.

I think the speculation on Johnson had to do with some conflicting reports (albeit minor in nature) and the timing of grades being released. I mean, he withdrew himself when he could have stayed on scholly, sat with the team, taken free classes, ect. Who knows? All speculation but a moot point. I loved his upside. He showed signs of what he could do out there and was essentially a freshman.

I literally shattered my phone and dropped it when cLutcher hit that shot in OT. Unbelievable game. Felt like we couldn't quite get our edge. Foul trouble did not help. I'd shatter a TV to see Dayton win like they did, unbelievable shot, unbelievable game, GO FLYERS. OT odds were too rough for UD to not pull that out. Big smiles from Dayton, Ohio right now.

I literally shattered my phone and dropped it when cLutcher hit that shot in OT. Unbelievable game. Felt like we couldn't quite get our edge. Foul trouble did not help. I'd shatter a TV to see Dayton win like they did, unbelievable shot, unbelievable game, GO FLYERS. OT odds were too rough for UD to not pull that out. Big smiles from Dayton, Ohio right now.

If Dayton survives the next road stretch of @Richmond and @Duquesne (I think they'll roll right over the Dukes), then the chance of an undefeated conference season is starting to look more legit. Obviously still have to win at VCU though.

If Dayton survives the next road stretch of @Richmond and @Duquesne (I think they'll roll right over the Dukes), then the chance of an undefeated conference season is starting to look more legit. Obviously still have to win at VCU though.
My heart has had enough abuse tonight and to think we still have to play Bonnie's, Richmond, and the Dukes is overwhelming right now.

They have to do all that again at home versus SLU, and even though it is at home, it is still be another one of those games where UD is going to get bullied around and forced to play ugly.

There is legit talk of a possible 1 seed for Dayton. Albeit, they probably have to run the table until at least the A10 finals but still...just the fact that it's a possibility of happening is insane. I do think there is still a loss or two somewhere in this schedule but after Friday night, who knows?

There is legit talk of a possible 1 seed for Dayton. Albeit, they probably have to run the table until at least the A10 finals but still...just the fact that it's a possibility of happening is insane. I do think there is still a loss or two somewhere in this schedule but after Friday night, who knows?

It helps that everyone else keeps losing (i.e. Butler and Auburn both lost 2x this week while Dayton won on the road).

Dayton as a 1 seed is fun talk, but odds are that talk goes away with one loss in the A10, no matter who that loss is to. Just enjoy it while we still have the chance. We came close to a loss on Friday, and most likely it will happen.

Oh, I agree, a loss is in there somewhere and then the 1 seed is out the window...

Dayton up to the 2 line in Joe Lunardi's Bracketology today. Regardless of what happens the rest of the season, it's pretty cool that Mid-Major hoops has 2 legitimate chances to get a team to the Final Four (3 if you count Gonzaga) -- Dayton & San Diego St. Also, looks great because the conference set up an A-10-MWC challenge starting next season which will hopefully make for quality non-conference games into the future.

Only wish they didn't schedule those so far in advance. I get why, but still Dayton and San Diego St would be pretty cool knowing that those two programs wont lose completely everyone from this season. Both teams should be pretty decent next year.

Back