Dayton Can Win An Atlantic 10 Title, But The Flyers Must Improve In Two Key Areas

GKelly

Off to a 2-1 start in Atlantic 10 play, the Dayton Flyers continue to ride a roller coaster of highs and lows this season. From losing three straight home games to quad three/four teams, to beating Miami, Belmont, and top-five Kansas in Orlando, Dayton’s resume is unlike any I have seen before. If the Flyers have taught us one thing this year, it’s that they’re equally capable of beating anyone in the country, as they are of losing to anyone in the country. While I’ve remained largely critical of Dayton’s play throughout the course of this year, I still see undeniable potential in this group. In fact, I’m yet to see anyone question the talent on this UD roster. Rather, the questions circulate around the Flyers’ inconsistent play and lack of identity at times. Now, halfway through the season, common characteristics between Dayton’s wins and Dayton’s losses have emerged. Despite being out of the running for an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, the Flyers still have a lot to play...

Continue reading...