Davidson Wildcats 2019-20 Season Thread

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.56.55 AM.png

Here's a quick matchup for tonight's game. I think these 2 teams play a very similar style of basketball, and this could be a close one. Davidson certainly needs to wake up defensively and do something about Markus Howard tonight. Happy Turkey Day!

Major concerns for me with this Davidson team -- defense, rebounding, and turnovers are all an issue. When Davidson shoots poorly from three (which happened tonight), I'm not sure how they're going to keep up, and Marquette shot atrociously from the field in the first half of this game. Davidson needs to get tougher. One of my biggest concerns has been Luka Brajkovic. He's been having a very hard time getting comfortable in the post. He's been turning the ball over a lot, and Davidson doesn't have a lot of reliable backups to give them quality minutes down low. What does this team need to do to get better? You can't just become 10x more athletic overnight, but Davidson has been out-muscled by every P5 opponent its seen this year.

Lucky for Davidson, Fairfield has been pretty awful this year, and the Wildcats should pick up a much-needed win. I'd like to see JAG come out and have a really nice showing, as he's been sluggish to start the year. Kellan Grady did just about everything for Davidson yesterday as it tried to hang with Marquette. Hopefully the Wildcats get more players involved as they try to squeak a few wins out of the Orlando Invitational. Fairfield does not depend the 3 well, so that bodes well for Davidson.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 10.12.12 AM.png

Just saw this recently... really unfortunate news for Davidson. I thought Luke Frampton was having the best season of anyone on Davidson so far. Ceiling feels like a top 5 finish in the A-10, and I still don't see a path to an at-large bid. Going to be tough if guys like Luka and JAG don't start bringing their A-game.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 9.29.28 AM.png

Kenpom gives Davidson a 54% chance to win today with the predicted final score being 72-71.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 11.49.06 AM.png

19 point projected win for Davidson over Coppin St. who has been pretty terrible from three point range. Don't expect this to be much of a game, and Davidson should keep building some momentum by returning to .500

Back