Coronavirus Impact

Have you tried using the Preparation H medicated wipes? They were invented so people could continue drinking Genny Cream.

Thanks so much. Just super that Preparation H Wipes were invented for us Cream Ale quaffers. Hit up Walgreens a little while ago and purchased several packages. My hot, tight, creamy asshole feels better already. Wondering, though. if the Genny Brewery has fucked with the Cream Ale ingredients to turn it into some sort of pussy craft beer and that's the problem. Sure hope not. Also purchased extra strength Phazyme to help with the gas component of the sharts. I'll see how that works.

Thanks again.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Thanks so much. Just super that Preparation H Wipes were invented for us Cream Ale quaffers. Hit up Walgreens a little while ago and purchased several packages. My hot, tight, creamy asshole feels better already. Wondering, though. if the Genny Brewery has fucked with the Cream Ale ingredients to turn it into some sort of pussy craft beer and that's the problem. Sure hope not. Also purchased extra strength Phazyme to help with the gas component of the sharts. I'll see how that works.

Thanks again.

Pissah!

Aloha!

They sure have been tinkering but maybe not all bad. Perhaps the Lemon Strawberry or Black Raspberry will make the sharts smell a little less awful?

They sure have been tinkering but maybe not all bad. Perhaps the Lemon Strawberry or Black Raspberry will make the sharts smell a little less awful?

Quaffing anything other than the original formula Cream Ale is a motherfucking heresy. My hot, tight, creamy asshole is feeling so much better after the use of Preparation H wipes. Toking up on Phazyme too and am farting much less. Stank level seems reduced too. Gonna try quaffing a 40 later on today to see what happens. Stay tuned.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Quaffing anything other than the original formula Cream Ale is a motherfucking heresy. My hot, tight, creamy asshole is feeling so much better after the use of Preparation H wipes. Toking up on Phazyme too and am farting much less. Stank level seems reduced too. Gonna try quaffing a 40 later on today to see what happens. Stay tuned.

Pissah!

Aloha!
Please keep us posted. Godspeed and Godbless!

Please keep us posted. Godspeed and Godbless!
So I quaffed a Cream Ale 40 late yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. The only anal result was a very nice wet fart. Didn't even make it to a Level 3 shart. Was some stank but not like a motherfuck. Made sure to wipe my asshole with Preparation H wipes and take another Phazyme. So I'm good to go it seems. Read online that Anusol is supposed to be pretty good also for a sore asshole so I'm gonna buy some and stick in a finger full. Thanks for everyone's help and concern. Was quite worried that my Cream Ale quaffing days were in jeopardy.

Pissah!

Aloha!

A nice, strong IPA is a good cure to the shart problem as well. Hopefully I don’t get burned at the stake letting you it is ok to put the Cream Ale down!

The Patriot League follows suit with the Ivies in canceling all fall sports. Doesn't say whether or not that includes basketball non-conference or not.

Basketball is considered an NCAA winter sport. I see the Ivy League explicitly stated no sports in the fall semester, which hurts half the basketball season. Whereas the Patriot League said a decision on winter sports would be made later. That's probably too much word parsing. As soon as a P5 conference officially cancels winter sports, it'll all be over.

Are guys going to get a year of eligibility back if the season ends up being canceled? Can’t remember if I’ve seen anything on that. Hopefully we are way too early but things not looking great.

Are guys going to get a year of eligibility back if the season ends up being canceled? Can’t remember if I’ve seen anything on that. Hopefully we are way too early but things not looking great.
They gave spring semester sports their eligibility back but didn't give sports any additional scholarships, so schools had to choose between giving their seniors another chance or give the incoming freshmen the scholarships promised. So if sports end up canceled again this year they will have to come to a new agreement as you would have 6 years of athletes splitting scholarships meant for only 4 years worth of students.

I think they will end up playing some kind of abbreviated season and will avoid such a scenario. Luckily we do not have any seniors so even if it did happen, we would not have to make any tough decisions

Yes, I know I should look it up, but did Bona play intercollegiate basketball during WWII? We made it through Korea, Vietnam, and the fucking Global War on Terrorism (most of it anyway) but we still had Bona basketball. This is serious dumbshit--in my opinion-- to not be able to figure out how to work our way around a virus that generally just kills old farts like me.

There is so much liability on the line if a player gets sick. These are college dudes, not professional athletes who you can persuade with money to stay in a bubble. I hope I'm wrong but I see no path toward collegiate sports this academic year.

I've been researching this a lot for work and the realities of a vaccine are so much more complex than a talking head saying "we might have one by January."

IF (huge qualifier) we get a vaccine out of human trials by early 2021 there will then be several months before widespread availability and then it will be another year or two before we know if the vaccine has long-term protection. A rushed vaccine is not a cure-all because it takes years to determine how well it works. I don't mean to be debbie downer but I suspect most of you already know this season is fucked.

Liability? I'm guessing that if you put a legal release in front of 100 Division I players over 90 would sign it. Kids this age believe they are bulletproof and invisible when it comes to high risk activities, which is why we don't draft old men. Would the release be ironclad protection? I don't know about that. Nothing seems to be nowadays.

Long, not joking post alert from Lil Bona X/BonaCommenter!!!

I just thought of one idea in the wake of the TBT/MLS is Back. I'll spit ball this at you guys. Let's assume conditions in this dystopia remain rough through January and online classes/hybrid models remain in effect through the spring semester. What if each conference did a bubble in February/March?

As an A10 example:
  • Two seven-team divisions
  • Have the tournament with best infrastructure to safely house teams and located in an area that also has lowest infection rate at the time
  • Same testing/social distancing protocols you see for TBT, MLS and NBA
  • 15 days in "bubble," will allow players to keep up with online classes
  • 12 days of games, each team plays 6 division opponents (Bonnies get to play Fordham all 6 times)
  • Top 4 in each division make the "A10 Tournament," three days for quarters/semis/final, just like in the before times
  • all 32 conference champions then enter a second bubble for a single-elimination "NCAA Tournament"
  • sorry, no at-larges, we're already playing with fire (good luck getting P5 to agree to this), maybe some conferences don't play and at-larges can fill the void?
I know it is overly simplified and this doesn't account for all the lost training, players living off-campus and how readily available testing is by then. I have to wonder if it's morally right for any sports leagues to be hoarding all the testing needed to safely run a bubble when people are waiting at least a week for results. I'm a prime example of that. I've had a dry cough (no other symptoms) since around last Tuesday. I got tested at CVS (shoved that sucker up my nose, Pissah! Aloha!). Quest Diagnostics are in charge of that test and they're saying 7-9 days. What's the fucking point when you're supposed to be quarantined for 14 days if you have it? Now imagine if I weren't in my 20s and if I had more serious pre-existing conditions beyond only chronic sinus infections in the fall.

I'm getting off track, but it's worth thinking of whether it's ethical to be using thousands of tests every day on athletes when our testing is an unmitigated disaster. TBT's player pool is microscopic when compared to all the tests needed in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, WNBA, NWSL, USL and NASCAR.

Ultimately, we should not play any college sports if we are not in an extremely safe place as a country (safer than allowing pro sports). I love the Bonnies just as much as you all and I would hate to possibly see the junior year of Osun/Lofton/Welch not happen (no guarantee they come back for a 5th year if given extra eligibility). However, I'm not going to advocate for college athletes to risk death or long-term/permanent health risks to play for free in any kind of normal looking schedule. Cattaraugus County is dodging most of the bullets, but how do you expect our guys to safely play at Davidson, where cases are skyrocketing in the south? How can we welcome teams from some of the largest cities in the world like NYC, Philly or Dayton if cases spike again there?

I just think that, as much as I shit on TBT, their bubble model clearly worked. Even on a larger scale, MLS is doing relatively well. Two teams did have to withdraw due to outbreaks of like 8+ within their own teams, but I think only a couple other players outside of those two teams tested positive. I think we'll also see more success out of the NBA/NHL bubbles than if the NFL doesn't do a single-city bubble or whatever the fuck MLB is doing. This is just my idea of doing something in 2021 if our country continues being absolutely stupid for most of what's left of 2020.

By the way, everyone, PSAC canceled sports today through December 31st, so that effectively ends any hope of Gannonfest 2020.

Commenter, that's a well-thought playing plan, but you might as well extend the NCAAT bubble another 2-3 days and get 64 teams. In a shortened season it's even more important to get more schools a chance.

I'm not going to get into a monster debate about all the other stuff, and I don't necessarily agree with your perspective on CV, but yes if testing is so important and tests are limited, then using countless tests over and over on athletes to put on the NCAAT isn't right. I think to justify this bubble, everyone enters "clean", you tell everyone involved no one leaves the perimeter - that's the sacrifice you make to participate and have a chance to win a national title. You leave the perimeter, you and your whole team is expelled. Housing, meals, etc.. obviously a logistical nightmare.

Look, I understand people have died and been hospitalized, and CV is no fun for many who get it. I'm also not saying grandma and grandpa don't matter, but 80% of the deaths are ages 65+, 60% are 75+. Hospitalization rates have plummeted from their peak, even after Memorial Day weekend - the jury is still out for July 4 weekend**. It's time to take an analytical/statistical approach to decision-making. Current CDC best estimate IFR is 0.65%, and that's across all ages, for sure the number is lower for lower-risk age groups, especially the "healthy athlete age group". If people aren't comfortable attending sporting events - don't. Stay home. TV is a great alternative right? We have to emerge from this in all aspects of life.

CV does not equal death
CV rarely equals hospital

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/COVID19_3.html ... select weekly

** data is fluid of course, and there's about a 1-2 week lag on hospitalization data, and we know positives have spiked since July 4 - more testing too, but either way cases are increasing. So if we do see a corresponding spike in hospitalizations, I would hesitate and maybe adjust my opinion/view on it. But right now, from a numbers perspective things have been and are only improving.

So take all that for what it's worth. Flame away, discuss rationally, I don't really care. The mental health fallout from CV will eventually surpass the physical toll. I've already seen cases first-hand. Businesses and jobs lost and derailed, I have a couple good friends that drink themselves into a stupor every day/night because they have literally nothing to do since they are still in shutdown. It's gut wrenching.

I think many of you are living in a world of false fear, but there's no point in arguing. What will happen will happen soon and we can then go back to discussing the new reality. The trend of deaths continues down and it is extremely low for college age kids. The stock market is zooming up into record territory, so trillions of dollars are betting life goes back to normal fairly soon. It will be pleasant having something besides Korean baseball and TBT to view in real time. We'll see.

The NCAA is going to find itself in a bind. Schools like St Bonaventure and many others are marching forward with on-campus learning. Good luck convincing a student athlete that it's safe enough to return to campus to learn, but not safe enough for them to play. I understand there is a case to be made, of course, but convincing a 20 year old basketball player of that case won't be easy.

As far as players risk is concerned, it's extremely low- but it's not impossible that a student athlete could contract it, and then croak or suffer serious health consequences. There's a lot we still don't know about what the long term effects of those who suffer from harsher cases of this are, and that applies to people of all ages and health. Those are two big 'if's' that, no matter how rare, the NCAA will be understandably hesitant to take on. That said, this is their business, so hopefully they've been considering this all in with much greater detail and planning than a group of degenerate Bona fans on a message board have on a mid-July morning.

Finally, as far as attendance is concerned, there was a great WSJ podcast from the end of May about 'super spreading events'. Worth a listen for anyone, but especially a sports fan. Main takeaway, full spectator crowds ain't happening in the near term. Scientifically speaking, allowing full arenas of screaming fans would be a matter of when, not if, outbreaks would be traced back to games.

Looking at what happens to people who get COVID as they die or they recover is far too simplistic.

Many recover but end up with lasting damage to their lungs, heart, or brain according to recent studies. Here's a short article about that - https://news.umiamihealth.org/en/what-are-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19/

So a Division I basketball player is in the sort of shape where you would expect a not death result, but there's more to it than that. Look at that UMiami article for long-term effects and see how many are not compatible with being a professional athlete.

We have a lot of guys on this roster who can expect to make a living, mostly in Europe, playing basketball after they graduate. Are they going to risk that to play for free? Luckily, this isn't the Bandwagon so there's no need to explain to a moron why you wouldn't pull the scholarship of a kid who refused to play.

There's also the consideration of what happens if these guys bring the virus back with them. Most of the NBA guys we've heard about who got the virus had no symptoms, even during their quarantine. They could bring the virus back with them from an away game and start the spread on campus, even if they're taking appropriate safety measures. For the record, anyone could start the spread on campus, but if you're talking about a group of 20ish people traveling together by bus or plane, interacting with a similar group of 20ish people, plus any media availability and referees, then getting back on a bus or plane...there's a lot of risk there for that entire group to be infected before they know it.

Exactly, @agoo. If Von Miller can have significant lung damage and he's one of the best athletes in the NFL, you can't tell me any college athlete couldn't also have some scary after effects, whether it's 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years after being "virus-free."

Here's an interesting article talking about how you could give out bids to an NCAA Tournament if we only have conference games in 2021: https://medium.com/@hdintelligence/...son-without-non-conference-games-a781d6dead77

Basically, they use past data to give conferences a certain amount of bids based on how many they've gotten in prior years. The A10 gets three in this scenario. It also talks about how to seed based on a conference's past seeds.

This doesn't address any of the safety issues I outlined with my A10 bubble idea, but assumes we are at a place in this country where we can safely play A10 games like "normal" by January or February.

Back